Terrible week!!!!!!!!!

Options
Help I have blown it again. I feel like giving up yet I know in my heart I know I can't. Not really sure if I will ever make this endeavor work.:brokenheart:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone has setbacks. No one is perfect.

You only fail if you quit.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    You can do this, really. All of us have had terrible days and weeks. You just have to get back in the saddle and try again tomorrow. It is a new day and a new beginning.
  • sylrickard
    Options
    I had a bit of a downfall this week as well. Eating out is always hard - but I tried to go healthy with a stir fry. Keep at it - it is human to slip every now and then!!!
  • mandaburrh
    Options
    Don't consider one bad week to be a failure on your part! It's a learning experience, try again tomorrow :)
  • mdailey93
    Options
    Everyone has bad days, weeks, and sometimes even months! Acknowledge that you didn't do so well, and MOVE ON! Your only hurting your self more by dwelling on it.

I've had more bad days then I can count, but you just have to get back on the wagon. (: Good luck to you.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Don't let a week turn into a month or a year! Learn a little each day or week from your missteps and keep making small changes. Don't try to turn it all around at once. If you find food is really your struggle, start working on that and don't worry about exercise. Focus on one thing at a time and having success there will give you more confidence for what's next.

What is specifically your struggle with?
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    One day at a time, nanas10. It didn't take us overnight to get in the position we are in. We all have bad weeks. Collect some supportive friends. It really does help. You must have had some kind of an accomplishment this week. At least you are thinking about it. You CAN do this! Don't give up.
    Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Help I have blown it again. I feel like giving up yet I know in my heart I know I can't. Not really sure if I will ever make this endeavor work.:brokenheart:

Don't give up. You may benefit from reading my blog

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/iddreams/view/overcoming-the-obesity-mindset-194711
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You've had a terrible week. I have had a terrible month. I have eaten horribly and not exercised even one day. For someone who was running 20 miles a week, I am totally dissappointed in myself.
    Tomorrow is a new day and a new week.....Get back to what you know works and get some motivation. If you can get through one good day, it will inspire you for the next and so on.

Good Luck
  • jforferris01
    jforferris01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I hear ya... I feel that way only when I have a bad day...But I keep in mind that this is a day to day process....You are going to have good ones and bad ones...that is what life is about....you can get back on track just dont stress out about it so much...good luck...
  • NinaLilly
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with having a bad week, i just started yesterday and i know some days will be bad but that's why we have friends and family to help us get through it. You don't want to give up so don't. You sound like you are a strong willed woman so keep going and you will make it.
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just start over everyday until you dont have to start over again. You can do it just keep at it. Everyday is a new day everything from yesterday is gone. Start out fresh everyday!!!!! You lose this war when you dont try and start everyday. Hang in there :)
  • cinderkitty84
    cinderkitty84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean.. I get frustrated with myself because I know that I will always have this constant battle in me about food, but if you want it bad enough it is possible.. It just depends on what you want more. It would be ALOT easier to just give up, but is that what is going to make you happy? Probably not and that is what I keep repeating to myself as well.

I struggle every day and minute that I am awake, but I know ultimately what is going to make healthy and fit. I want to have energy to roll around on the ground with my kids. Look in the mirror and know I look good. We all have different reasons for being here, but the goal is the same. :)
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    The only way it won't work is if you quit. I had a really bad week last week too. They happen. Start fresh tomorrow. It helps me to remember how bad I feel physically when I blow it and how good I feel when I'm doing well. My body just feels better when I'm doing well.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    To see this through, look deep inside and answer for yourself:
    Why do I want to be fit?
    And attach great pleasure to that as you set this goal.

And then answer for yourself this:
    Why don't I want to be fat?
    Attach great pain to all the reasons you do not want to be fat.

Few people can actually do this which is why most people fail.
    This is the key to internal motivation.

All Is Possible!
  • rufflestx
    Options
    Dear Fellow Nana,
    I'm sorry that you are allowing yourself to beat yourself up over your bad week. If we didn't have the slides we wouldn't be able to get so excited with the successes. Use your sense of humor to get past above mentioned week. I am not talking as someone who is perfect. I have been patting myself on the back for just maintaining the weight loss I've experienced over the past 10 months. I think it is because I told myself I start jogging when I get my weight into the 170's....... so I believe I just don't want to start running. So I power walk, every day, 2 1/2 miles up and down the country road going past my house. The neighbors think I'm quirky. I wear big hats to shade me from the sun and outrageous socks (which I think is helping me from being chased by the farm dogs). I figured the miles I've walked since last April would get me all the way to Houston and half way back. I would love to hear some of your quirky stories.
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i am new here but your food diary looks good to me. Cut yourself some slack. Change is hard.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options

what has happened - your diary looks great!
  • nanas10
    nanas10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just feel like I may be eating way to much for breakfast. Lunch is fine , yet when I get home I have dinner and I feel like I have made decent choices. Later in the evening usually before bedtime is when I make unhealthy choices. Why do I feel like I have to eat again before going to bed?
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary, you are logging and have been consistantly right at your calorie goal...you are doing great! If you want to eat before bed, go right ahead, as long as it fits into your calorie intake for the day. We usually have an early dinner at my house, somedays at 4:30pm, to fit dinner in before the kids need to be at their lessons, etc...so I usually always am looking for food by 7pm...I usually have a measured bowl of special K...it fills me but isn't heavy...

Today is a new day....keep logging! Also do you exercise...even if you only take a 10 min. walk it will help you on your journey