Alli- Yes, or no?

Options
I'm on a 1750 cals a day, but usually only manange to eat about avrage 1200. I was considering trying Alli, my mom has an unused started kit sitting here in the house and I thought "why not?" Any suggestions, or anyone have anthing to say about it?

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Why? You're already under eating as it is.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    What's the point if you're already creating a deficit?
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    only if you like farting oil. and leaking. and orange poop.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Sure if you wanna "spot" from your exit flap:)
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    ....No more white pants for you! Well, unless you wear diapers. They make depends in peach now!
  • rollycollysmama
    Options
    I'm not trying to **under** eat, I just physically CAN'T eat that much a day, Im eating healthy higer cal food. I don't know, I am also working out no less than 7 days in two weeks, for aprox 2 hours a day, but I'm not seeing the results I want. I'm on risperadol and it inhibits me from dropping hte lbs as easy as most.
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't....there are some not so pretty side effects :blushing:
    Stay active, and watch you portion sizes...Even if you lose weight with the Alli, you will more than likely gain the weight back in the end. It is more likely that you will keep the weight off for good, if you do it the right way :)
  • rollycollysmama
    Options
    Sure if you wanna "spot" from your exit flap:)
    ahahaha, ok, ok.. I get it. I'm only avraging about 25 fat grams a day, so Im not sure its gonna be a HUGE deal, it says its a commen side effect if you exceed more than 10 fat grams permeal, I dont go near that.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Why don't you take a better look at your workout routine? First of all, consider putting in a rest day. Second of all, 2 hours a day? Is that two workouts a day or one? Try more high intensity rather that long drawn out cardio. Don't do something drastic and potentially harmful to your body without looking over your healthy routine first.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to **under** eat, I just physically CAN'T eat that much a day, Im eating healthy higer cal food. I don't know, I am also working out no less than 7 days in two weeks, for aprox 2 hours a day, but I'm not seeing the results I want. I'm on risperadol and it inhibits me from dropping hte lbs as easy as most.

Maybe discuss your situation with your parents, and doctor.
  • TaraEpersaud
    Options
    Have you read the side effects???

"Treatment effects are bowel movement changes that are most commonly caused by eating meals with too much fat while using alli capsules. Such effects may include oily spotting, loose stools, and more frequent stools that may be hard to control."

I dont think you need any public embarrassment.
  • sansouchi1050
    Options
    That stuff is bad news!!! I tried it for one weekend. Thank God I didn't have to leave the house that day!
    It causes a certain percentage of consumed fat to pass through your digestive system- very quickly. I didn't think I was eating an excessively high fat diet, but apparently I was. Not to be to graphic, but it causes oily diarrhea. It's difficult to control when you have a release of this oily substance. I was so afraid I would poop myself, I had to put a towel over anything I sat on.
    If you try it, be careful of the timing of when you start it and follow a low fat diet. Sorry if TMI :embarassed:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Give it a miss - your mum made a smart choice not to use it, I suggest you do the same. Eat well (not too little, not too much), exercise in moderation (2 hours a day sounds like overkill to me) and be patient. Losing weight takes time and persistence.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you're only eating 25 g of fat per day there's no point in putting yourself through the side effects. Going by the ads, it only prevents 1/3 of the fat calories from absorption. 25 x 9 = 225, 225/3 = 75. That's not much of an additional deficit, and you're already under your goal by a significant amount.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

It says you joined here in January of 2012. Have you been on the same workout/eating schedule from before you joined MFP? If not, give it some time! This is not a race. Do your best to adhere to the goals set for you by MFP. It's worked for me, and many others!
  • rollycollysmama
    Options

I'm 23 my parents really don't care much about what I do Lol but I did talk to my doctor, he won't take me off the risperadol, at this point, riperadol is the only medication that has kept me stable the problem is the one major side effect being weight gain- I was on it when I was 13 and gained 70 lbs in ONE summer, the one pro, I'm not gaining a lb Lol.

Also to the woman who said give myself a day of rest.. I'm working out every other day, 4 days one week, 3 days the next. and I go to the gym on those days for 2 hours, usually 60 minutes of cardio (kick boxing, zumba, water erobics, water zumba, step, or spin) than do an hour on the floor doing whatever, every other day I do weight training.
  • rollycollysmama
    Options

It says you joined here in January of 2012. Have you been on the same workout/eating schedule from before you joined MFP? If not, give it some time! This is not a race. Do your best to adhere to the goals set for you by MFP. It's worked for me, and many others!

Your right. I did just start. I basically went from being compleatly **inactive** to really active in just three weeks. I JUST got medically reliesed to start working out again, I was in a terrible car wreck in 2007, and have had 8 opperations in 4 years, this is the first time in over FOUR years I'm FREE, and I guess I'm just sick and tired of being stuck inside on the couch afraid of doing things, and I just jumped into all the classes at the gym, its SO MUCH FUN! Lol. I'll give it awhile and hope for the best, thanks all!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Your right. I did just start. I basically went from being compleatly **inactive** to really active in just three weeks. I JUST got medically reliesed to start working out again, I was in a terrible car wreck in 2007, and have had 8 opperations in 4 years, this is the first time in over FOUR years I'm FREE, and I guess I'm just sick and tired of being stuck inside on the couch afraid of doing things, and I just jumped into all the classes at the gym, its SO MUCH FUN! Lol. I'll give it awhile and hope for the best, thanks all!!

There you go :) Much better idea! Definitely give it some time! You will not be disappointed if you keep working out the way you are and eating plenty of good healthy food!
  • indigochilds
    indigochilds Posts: 69 Member
    Options

I'm 23 my parents really don't care much about what I do Lol but I did talk to my doctor, he won't take me off the risperadol, at this point, riperadol is the only medication that has kept me stable the problem is the one major side effect being weight gain- I was on it when I was 13 and gained 70 lbs in ONE summer, the one pro, I'm not gaining a lb Lol.

Also to the woman who said give myself a day of rest.. I'm working out every other day, 4 days one week, 3 days the next. and I go to the gym on those days for 2 hours, usually 60 minutes of cardio (kick boxing, zumba, water erobics, water zumba, step, or spin) than do an hour on the floor doing whatever, every other day I do weight training.

So I actually googled the medication your talking about. Is it possible to get a second opinion from another doctor.If you don't see any change by Febuary/March. One would think if you needed to get your health in order you would think he would prescribe another type of medicine that wouldn't prevent you from loosing weight. Good luck to you.
  • rollycollysmama
    Options

So I actually googled the medication your talking about. Is it possible to get a second opinion from another doctor.If you don't see any change by Febuary/March. One would think if you needed to get your health in order you would think he would prescribe another type of medicine that wouldn't prevent you from loosing weight. Good luck to you.

Thanks for the advice, but its really hard with my insurance and trust issues to find another doctor, he really means well, if you googled it you probably know I'm bipolar, and I've tried just about every single medication thats for bipolar, nothing has kept me sane (lol) like the risperadol and lithium, I have a very sensitive system and I get affected from side effects in the WORST kind of way, so whenever they have to switch up my meds, I usually end up needing to be hospitalized to control side effects, and my mood. my choices would be to wein from the risperadol and try to stay stable on the lithium alone, or go in for a at least two weeks and try to screw around with med changes again :/ I dont want to do that.