Is it ok to be under your calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• mrsvampette
    mrsvampette Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Oh I do have more of those! They are delicious!!! A pleasure I don't have to be guilty about lolz. I would recommend lite n fit yogurt to anyone. And sprite zero which tastes surprisingly like normal sprite. I'll try to start eating more tomorrow. :)
  • I too find myself staying under what allowes by alot so I guess I will try to get as close as possible., but I also find myself being in a negative in the protien area.. any suggestions? Does it matter?

Thanks !
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    No! Of course not!!! I suggest you drink up! :drinker:
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Another good option for a few extra calories and it's good for you is to get some protein powder and use it within 30 minutes of exercising. You can usually mix it with milk or water. The powders help to replenish the muscles after a good workout. :)
  • Not sure if that drink up was for me,, but it works.. lol
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people saying that you will go into starvation mode and lose lean muscle. Is this true if you continue to do muscle buidling exercise and cardio though? I'm not sure?
  • Leigh98
    Leigh98 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have this problem as well so thanks for the thread, it may help me as well! :-) I seem to end up about 150-200 shy most days, I am not tired or hungry, it's darn bizarre actually!!

I am adding in a full exercise schedule next week, so hopefully that will make me hungrier! I don't want to set myself back but have a hard time with eating, even healthy, just to fill calories... As a serious e
    Emotional over eater it feels, wrong somehow...
  • TracyP111
    Options
    In the past, I've tried to cut calories to the extreme thinking I would lose weight more quickly. Unfortunately, I've ended up stagnating at the same weight. When I would load up on calories the next day, I would actually see a weight loss. I wouldn't go too extreme on calories deficits. I try to get within 50 of my goal either direction. If I don't see the scale move, I might actually add a little bit extra to jump start my metabolism again. It does help. Good luck.