P90X Challenge

Options
I am finally going to start p90x. I bought it for my hubby for Christmas and he is on his third week and I have yet to start. Anyone want to join me? We can help each other stay motivated and share our struggles and success :)

Replies

• melgirl_89
    Options
    I am on day 4 tomorrow, so I'd be interested :)
  • Denisefitpal66
    Denisefitpal66 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I will be on day 3 tommorow! I am doing the lean schedule. We will be roughly the same place.
  • nephyrwynn
    Options
    I would REALLy be interested, I have it...add me as a friend! So...how do we log it into here??
  • rachelnelson76
    rachelnelson76 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would be interested as well. Tomorrow is day 3 for hubby and I.
  • Jellie13
    Options
    I am starting today, we can share how we did here to motivate each other.
  • Jellie13
    Options
    I would REALLy be interested, I have it...add me as a friend! So...how do we log it into here??

The best way to log is to get a hrm. I am logging mine as calisthenics until I can get one or you can just log the 600 calories that the book says.
  • dreams88
    Options
    I just started it last week.. This is my second week. I am doing the lean track. I only missed the yoga workout last week..
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm just about finished and only once did my HRM get to 600 calories and that was when I really pushed myself on the P90X+ Interval Plus video.

I'd say it's more like 450-500 at most.

Edit:... maybe it is 600 seeing as I went from Insanity to this.
  • dreams88
    Options
    I agree with Anayalata. I have never made it to 600 calories and I am pushing myself.. My range is 400-500 calories burned depending on the workout..
  • A00Sapp
    Options
    I have it and am a coach for team beachbody! If anyone has any questions lt me know! I'd love to do it with all of you
  • dreams88
    Options
    I have it and am a coach for team beachbody! If anyone has any questions lt me know! I'd love to do it with all of you

Question is it really important to drink the recovery and shakeology mix. For someone on a school budget what can I drink instead that will give similar benefits..
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options

The best way to log is to get a hrm. I am logging mine as calisthenics until I can get one or you can just log the 600 calories that the book says.

600 is not the norm. I have done one round of P90X and am currently on week 3 of it again. The only time I have gotten close was doing Plyometrics, and that was not all the time. Between 400 - 500 would be a good range. I currently burn between 450 and 540...and I do wear a HRM.
  • dreams88
    Options
    Question is it really important to drink the recovery and shakeology mix. For someone on a school budget what can I drink instead that will give similar benefits..
  • byHISstrength
    Options

A good alternative to a recovery drink is chocolate milk, preferrably fat-free or low fat.
    (I'm also part of the Beachbody team).
  • dreams88
    Options
    Chocolate milk??? Really.. I also found this protein shake muscle milk have any of you tried it before..
  • byHISstrength
    Options
    Yes, really : ) It has to do with the 4:1 carbs to protein ratio needed after the workout. I personally use Shakeology as my recovery drink, and I really like it. There are tons of ways to prepare it, but I just mix with water. It is my recovery drink, my multi-vitamin, and it holds me for a couple of hours then I eat breakfast.

Don't worry, I'm not trying to sell it to you...just sharing MY experience.
  • dreams88
    Options
    Its ok.. I understand I have researched the shakeology.. It has good reviews its just that its not in the budget at the moment..
  • dreams88
    Options
    Should I drink 8 oz of chocolate milk
  • byHISstrength
    Options
    Should I drink 8 oz of chocolate milk

8 oz is good. When I have it I use fat free milk and 1 tbsp hershey's chocolate syrup. :smile:
  • jasonmeurer
    jasonmeurer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    +1 on the Heart Rate monitor, but I always cross check it against the average heart rate to calorie burned calculators online. I find my Timex grossly overestimates calories burned when I get over 500 calories. It is normal for me to be between 800-900 calories after PyloX (140 AVG HR), but my Timex will tell me ~1050-1100.

Thinking about switching to a Polar FT7 from the Timex.