Fitbit Tracker??

Options
I saw the Fitbit Tracker in the tools section just this morning & was wondering if anyone had one & what you think about it?? I went to thier website & it looks like an amazing tool, but I don't want to spend a $100 on something that's overrated or doesn't work as well as it says it does. I've spent enough money on things that I don't use over the years, & really since MFP, I've probably lost more & lost easier than the past, that I don't want to waste my money on this. But if it tracks your sleep patterns as well as it says, that would be important to me also. Thanks..........Mike

Replies

• ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I bought one this week and I started tracking yesterday. I am a gadget freak and yesterday I ended up running wearing my fitbit, my HRM and my Nike+ sensor attached to my iPod.

So far I really like the fitbit. It makes me more aware that I am being lazy and I find myself walking around my apartment so I don't log too much sedentary time.

Last night I slept wearing it and I took 8 minutes to fall asleep. I had a 94% sleep efficiency and woke 17 times.

I understand the apprehension about spending money on yet another gadget. The novelty is well and truly still there for me. If you want to friend me I can keep you posted with how I get on.
  • fishndad
    fishndad Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have one - my company asked me to beta test it for some program they are working on. I like it, but have had trouble with syncing it to my MAC. It did sync for about a week or so and then stopped.

I found the sleep analysis fascinating -- it tells you how many times you wake up and what percentage of effective sleep you have.

Overall, it's cool to show you how many steps you take, how many flights of stairs -- and it does inspire you to walk a little longer.
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for 3 days now. So far I love it. I have taken the long way around the past few days just to see the numbers increase. I like the stair function also. I live on the 3rd floor and I find myself taking a few extra trips just to see how many flights of stairs I can make in one day.
    I like to compare it to MFP. It isn’t going to do the work for you, it’s not a magic pill, but it certainly helps motivate you to move and make better choices.
  • delong99
    delong99 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have one and really enjoy it. My category on MFP is "sedentary" because I have a desk job, but I was always curious about how many calories I'm burning by the moving that I do, other than exercise. I am in a beta testing group to link MFP to Fit Bit and it's really cool because as I synch, the calories I'm burning by walking around come over to MFP so I really get a good idea of how much (or little) I can eat.

I also like the sleep tracker. It is really interesting to see how many times you wake up in a night. I have no idea how it knows when you fall asleep - but it's real.

I think it is worth the $100 - it's a good tool. But if you aren't quite ready to invest, maybe get a regular pedometer just to see how many steps you are getting in a day.