Insanity Calories Vs My Fitness Pal= Different?!

Options
I just started Insanity. Through it's Nutrition guide I did it's equation for caloric intake for me, and it's MUCH different than the one for MFP. Anyone have a comment, advice or suggestion?

My Fitness Pal is 1320, Insanity is 1714.9

Insanity uses the Harris Benedict Equation

655 for women, + (4.35 x weight in lbs) + (4.7 x height in inches) -(4.7 x age in years)
655+ 576.81+305.5-117.5=1419.81

1419.81 x activity= Moderately active
1419.81 x 1.56= 2214.90

Loose 1 lb =- 500

2214.90-500=1714.9

I entered all these numbers on My Fitness Pal as well, Just...wondering if anyone else has this problem?

Replies

• newarkco05
    Options
    The 1320 is without exercise so you would add those calories in and eat those. The 1700 insanity has recommended is taking in consideration the workout you are doing.
  • stephelan
    Options
    Well, with Insanity, you're doing a crazy workout and burning a bajillion more calories than what is expected with MFP. So they're allotting you that.
  • musicforever04
    musicforever04 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm going to keep posting in my fitness pal. BUT with the nutrition plan for me (with insanity) do you think they've INCLUDED the net calorie difference in my Calorie equation and aim to eat that much every day, the 1,714? or should I stay with My fitness pal and ignore it when it says i've gone over at 1320?

Sorry just a little confused.

Im tired of just guessing what my body needs and ready to find a plan, stick to it, and see results.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I'm going to keep posting in my fitness pal. BUT with the nutrition plan for me (with insanity) do you think they've INCLUDED the net calorie difference in my Calorie equation and aim to eat that much every day, the 1,714? or should I stay with My fitness pal and ignore it when it says i've gone over at 1320?

Sorry just a little confused.

Im tired of just guessing what my body needs and ready to find a plan, stick to it, and see results.

You shouldn't be going "over" once you add in the calories you burned in Insanity to MFP. Once you add those into MFP, your daily total will be much higher than 1320. If you burn 600 calories doing insanity, than MFP will tell you to eat 1920, so unless you were eating over 1920 for example, you would not be "going over"
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    The 1320 is without exercise so you would add those calories in and eat those. The 1700 insanity has recommended is taking in consideration the workout you are doing.

This^^^. I started Insanity on the standard 1250 cal. on MFP...didn't last long at all, lol. I'm currently at 1700, which is after subtracting 500 for 1 lb./week, and I'm STILL hungry.
  • musicforever04
    musicforever04 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yeah as soon I as i read your post I was like....duh.haha. thanks for the reply :)
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I realize this is a somewhat old thread but i was wondering how all of this worked out for you guys....i am in my second week of insanity and that recommends i eat 2400 while mfp recommends 1400. i usually burn 600-700 cals/insanity session....mainly just want to know what plan you guys stuck with and how it turned out. I have had trouble eating a net of 1400
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity in December and I didn't follow the eating program but I think you just have to listen to your body, if your hungry then eat, try and keep up the protein as all the exercises are muscle building....my legs have been transformed since starting it, I'm still doing month 2 until Asylum arrives!!! so excited, INSANITY is the bomb!!!!! best challenge I have ever done both physically and mentally! xx