Alli- Yes, or no?

Options
2»

Replies

• JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I heard that it'll make you crap your pants without any warning. I wouldn't opt for it! Just do it the natural way. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    It was invented by an al-qaeda terrorist buy by the name of I-Zheet M'Druriz!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. Have you tried measuring yourself instead? I bet you're getting slimmer. Start taking measurements and don't worry to much just yet :-)
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I tried it a few years ago. I didn't really loose any weight I just pooped a lot . I think it is a bad idea. You are doing it the right way, just keep it up. Good luck
  • KemahSunshine
    Options
    I have to ask... what are your goals? You mentioned that you werent getting the results you are looking for. 1-2lbs a week is a sensible & average amount to loose. If you are loosing that amount consistantly then maybe you should rejoice in your accomplishments. JW.... Best wishes!!!
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Yes, it's supposedly only a side effect if you eat more than 10 grams of fat in 1 meal, but when it comes to crapping your pants is it really worth the risk? Especially when you can achieve the same goal without crapping your pants.
  • MollyDurham
    MollyDurham Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    OK so I just read all the responses and there are awesome tips and pointers here! I take Luvox (for my OCD) and one of those side effects is weight gain. Like you, it's the only thing I have been on that works. I started to notice a bit of gain and decided to counter act it with the right diet and exercise. The problem was that I just didn't have much energy when I started (a good bit before I joined MFP). I have heard really good things about Xenadrine Results (ephedra free and caffeine free) so I talked to the doc about it and what it may do when mixed with the Luvox. He said that since it was an all natural "meal supplement" designed to raise metaolism and help cut portions (by giving you that full feeling) that he didn't see where there would be a problem. BUT he did caution me against taking the recommended 6 pills per day. I started out with 2 before lunch and after lying in my bed till 2 am twitching and drooling on myself I figured out that one in the mornings was sufficient for the energy I needed. I have now uped it to one before breakfast and one before lunch. My main goal here was to give myself some extra energy while I was forcing my body to make that energy naturally and take my portion sizes down (in order to shrink my stomach back to the average size.). I don't plan on continuing after this first bottle since my body should have gotten the hint by then. What ever you decide I would DEFINITELY talk to the doc first. The type of meds you take can be tricky and only the doc truly knows what's safe and what's not!. Hope this helps!!!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    please discuss with your doctor before you start taking medications he doesn't know about. it's hard to find the right medication to treat you while also losing weight but you can do it! just do it in a healthy way!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i did Alli for a bit and ...

Oh My God.. tis not good coming out. its oily, stinks something awful! bound to have accidents... that ish doesnt come out... i was afraid to eat anything cause of it. :noway: :grumble:

Cant get intimate with your man... suppose u get a lil too "Comfortable" ohhh noo..

Trust, speaking from experience... you do NOT want this. :noway: :noway:

you might not be able to lose weight as quickly as others.. but who cares, its not a race. you'll be fine, just keep at it.