Miss Fran

Options
Fran8204
Fran8204 Posts: 3 Member
I am an older lady - retired, and in need of losing about 30# and improving overall health. My Dr. mentioned this site and tells me a few 'extra' pounds are not all that bad, but I am at my all-time high weight. Weigh more than grown sons - that is NOT good !! GO CAVS !!

Replies

• MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I wish you great success! :smile:
  • nikkigullick
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck! I'm new to this site as well, and I am loving it so far! The food diary is so helpful, and it's great you can look up any food on the calorie counter.

Good luck!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcom Miss Fran!! Glad you found us - hope you enjoy the ride! This is a fun place -most of the time :laugh: - and great for motivation, support and inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I am an older lady - retired, and in need of losing about 30# and improving overall health. My Dr. mentioned this site and tells me a few 'extra' pounds are not all that bad, but I am at my all-time high weight. Weigh more than grown sons - that is NOT good !! GO CAVS !!

Hi Fran, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It truely is a great web site. Good luck.:smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,989 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hello, Fran, :bigsmile:

Welcome to MFP
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard.

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day
    There's a group on the "Fitness and Exercise " board called Senior Golden Sneakers. Read this thread and see if you'd like to join us. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site. I do. This site is so motivational, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so great here. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Fran8204
    Fran8204 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the note & I love the Lord too. Pentecost today and my chuch has a Strawberry Festival. I DID NOT eat too much ! Good luck to you too.