date night..

Options
My husband is taking me out for dinner and a movie! We have a babysitter and I am really looking forward to it.

But I am scared because I haven't eaten out since I started counting calories, there is a California Pizza Kitchen and Chilis right next to the theater so we will probably chose one of those. I have no idea what to order!

And date night with no wine or dessert is going to be tough...

Replies

• jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    There are loads of sites that publish the calories for specific restaurants. Here is one for each:
    http://www.chilis.com/EN/LocationSpecificPDF/MenuPDF/001.005.0000/Chilis_Nutrition_Menu_Generic.pdf
    http://www.nutrition-charts.com/california-pizza-kitchen-nutrition-facts-calorie-information/
    Make a decision about what to eat before you go and log it, then you are more likely to stick to it. Have fun! x
  • karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    everything in moderation :)
  • jimdiamond
    jimdiamond Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My wife and I went out to eat last week, we planned out online what we were gonna order and knew the calories before even walking in the door.. also eat before you go out so your not so hungry, great tip...
  • Katetmay
    Katetmay Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Looking up the nutritional information before going out is a great idea. Yesterday my hubby wanted to order pizza so I looked at my remaining calories and then went online to see the nutritional information from the place we were ordering. Had pizza and stayed just below my calories for the day! It is easy with a bit of planning!
  • FuzzySkittle
    Options
    I just went out on a date night myself with my boyfriend. We went to Boston Pizza. I allowed myself a cheat night. I ordered what I wanted and tracked everything. I did a little more cleaning and housework yesterday to make up for it. I managed to stay under my calories and I had the ham and chicken stromboli with fries and gravy and 2 glasses of coke! I was super surprised to realize that I was still under my calories when I got home and tracked it all.

I say just go out and have fun, don't worry about the calories for one day! You say that this is the first time that you will be eating out since starting counting calories so I wouldn't worry too much about it...
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Chilis wouldn't be too bad as long as you ordered from their "Guiltless Grill" menu. They have 4 or 5 items on it and are all very reasonable.

My advice would be to visit their website and look at the menu and the nutrition facts. That way you already know what you will order when you are there.
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    For sure plan ahead!! I get nervous when my husband and I go out to eat as well, but like these awesome people said, check before you go!! It works, and it makes you feel so much better so you are not stressed out!! :)
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Looking up the nutritional information before going out is a great idea. Yesterday my hubby wanted to order pizza so I looked at my remaining calories and then went online to see the nutritional information from the place we were ordering. Had pizza and stayed just below my calories for the day! It is easy with a bit of planning!

This is exactly what I do, always check calories prior and you won't disappoint yourself! There are almost always healthier options at restaurants now, and even if you want to splurge, you can still plan it out so your splurge doesn't go over your maintenance calories. :flowerforyou:
  • gwmedicgod
    gwmedicgod Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    a little splurge once in a while shouldn't derail you... moderation and good choices are the key... and a little extra exercising after you get home and the kids are asleep... or the day after will help also.... have a great night
  • kellymae04
    kellymae04 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I ended up getting what I wanted, a margherita pizza from CPK. Ate half of it (normally finished it off) and had a martini. Played just dance after we got home....burned a little off maybe! Thanks guys, looking first was a great idea.