lose weight to get loose pants

Options
mrskesler
mrskesler Posts: 73 Member
Just a rant about a pet peeve of mine (bad grammar).

One does not loose weight. One can, however, lose weight. Once you do lose weight, you will enjoy having loose clothes.

Sorry, rant over. I feel much better now :)

Replies

• itsshadowwithane
    itsshadowwithane Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Just a rant about a pet peeve of mine (bad grammar).

One does not loose weight. One can, however, lose weight. Once you do lose weight, you will enjoy having loose clothes.

Sorry, rant over. I feel much better now :)

I feel the SAME EXACT way!
  • Mickers36
    Mickers36 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    LOL !
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I saw someone do this earlier.. A lot of times it's just a spelling mistake though. Lol
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Are you a teacher? I cringe a little when I see grammar errors, but grammar is no longer a priority in most modern schools. Try to focus on our objectives, losing weight and supporting our pals, and try to overlook educational shortcomings. You can blame it on our culture/schools, but still try to teach your own children. Growing up, my mother, a high school drop-out, and my grandmother, a former teacher, constantly corrected my grammar. I found it annoying at the time, but, as an adult, I'm glad I was taught.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Gold star for you! :D

Errors like those get under my skin for some reason.
  • mrskesler
    Options
    Are you a teacher? I cringe a little when I see grammar errors, but grammar is no longer a priority in most modern schools. Try to focus on our objectives, losing weight and supporting our pals, and try to overlook educational shortcomings. You can blame it on our culture/schools, but still try to teach your own children. Growing up, my mother, a high school drop-out, and my grandmother, a former teacher, constantly corrected my grammar. I found it annoying at the time, but, as an adult, I'm glad I was taught.

Nope.... not a teacher, just freakishly obsessed with grammar. My friends make fun of me for it, until they send their papers and essays over for editing, that is :) If I ever have kids, they will know how to spell.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,120 Member
    Options
    Good luck with this campaign.
  • GrandmaJody
    GrandmaJody Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My grammar sucks big time, but that loose/lose thing drives me nuts! :)
  • nataliemae2011
    nataliemae2011 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow what a waste of conversation! Not very supportive.
  • jeepingirrl
    jeepingirrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Could be bad grammar or just typos. I tend to have a lot of typos from time to time.......
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    deadhorse.jpg
    If I had a nickle for every time this topic was posted, I'd be....well, I might have about $20. lol
  • mrskesler
    Options
    deadhorse.jpg
    If I had a nickle for every time this topic was posted, I'd be....well, I might have about $20. lol

lol, I'm aware.... it's a lost cause. And I know that there are lots of typos. I'd happily send you a nickle :)
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    deadhorse.jpg

lol, I'm aware.... it's a lost cause. And I know that there are lots of typos. I'd happily send you a nickle :)
    Woohoo!!!! I'm up to $20.05 now!! :laugh:
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Yup, it's a topic that's been done to death and back again many times. Ditto you're/your, there/they're/their, our/are, and too/two/to but people still keep using them incorrectly. I understand typos. Tyops happen :wink: However, when it's done multiple times by the same person or in the same thread it just makes them look unintelligent. It's rather pathetic really that anyone who graduated 8th grade would not know proper usage of those simple everyday words.