Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

P90X

I am thinking about purchasing this program, but I am wondering how difficult are the moves. I have metal rods in my back, so I don't want to buy something I can't use. Do these videos have you twisting and bending in weird fashion? I would love some feed back.

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I'm on day 28 of p90x, and I'm pretty sure that's a little intense for people with any kind of physical limitations. It even has a big warning in the beginning saying that it is "extreme home fitness" and if you have physical ailments or limitations of any kind that it may not be a suitable program. You know yourself better than anyone though, but yeah... there are many challenging moves but there are also modifications for most things too. If I were you, I'd try to see previews of it on youtube or something to see if it's something you can feasibly do, since it's a big investment. Luckily for me, I'm borrowing it from a friend so I didn't have to worry about the investment.
  • fishb023
    fishb023 Posts: 3 Member
    I love P90X. The moves are tough (fitness wise) and take some time to get used to, but once you learn them and get them down pat, the workout is awesome and really fun. As for your metal rods...they usually show different ways (2-3) of doing some of the workout moves and they call them "modified moves" Pretty much every other day is going between lifting weights and cardio. So if you can lift weights, jump around, do leg kicks and ab workouts, it would prob be ok?? I don't know what it's like having rods like that, so I can't really give you a for sure answer, but maybe you could post this question on a beachbody forum (www.beachbody.com ..beachbody owns P90X) for a more in depth answer. Hope this was helpful...sorry if I rambled on there :)
  • I'm doing P90X2 and am a Beachbody coach. What are your physical limitations? P90X has plyometrics where you jump quite a bit. There are also a lot of pull ups that can be modified by using an exercise band. There are also push ups, lunges, etc. If you give me a little more info on what you can and can't do, I'd be able to suggest a different workout or P90X. Here is a link to compare all of the workouts Beachbody produces. http://images.beachbody.com/tbb/tbbredesign/comparison_chart/chart_slider.htm Hope this is helpful!
  • My back has rods and is fused from t4 to l4 from scolisos correction surgery. I can't twist without using my waist. I also can't touch my toes. I can due lunges and push ups.