Are you a napper?

Options

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm not a napper. The only time I ever take a nap is when I'm sick which is rarely.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    i used to not be able to nap but sometimes I have trouble sleeping so I try to nap or rest when i have a chance. I'm typically a cranky napper but I'm trying to change that. i think it's good for your body to rest when you're tired.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I love naps :) I don't take them as much anymore since I'm not tired every single day like I used to be, but they're nice every now and again. Plus my naps don't actually involve sleep. I basically get comfy under my blankets and pillows and just...rest. That's it. Haha.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i take them when i know im not going to be productive with my work and prepare for a late night instead
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I can't take naps. I'd rather fight sleep than take a nap. I never, ever, ever wake up from a nap feeling refreshed. Always cranky and even more tired, strangely enough.

The only time I nap is when I'm sick, and that's usually with the help of some NyQuil or Thermaflu...
  • sarbu24
    sarbu24 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love naps. When my kids nap, I nap.

15444915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cyndyv
    cyndyv Posts: 18
    Options
    I love getting a nap in and best of all, my kids are old enough to know not to wake me. Yay!!! My favorite is to nap when it's cold outside or even raining. Such a rare thing here.
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    when you work midnight shift you either NAP or never get any sleep! Seems like all I do is nap!
  • jstreams
    Options
    Yes, they really help me get through the day and feel more energized!
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I love to nap! But... when I nap it's like a whole nother sleep session... 4-6 hour naps lol
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    If i were better at napping, I'd be a chronic napper. Takes me an hour to fall asleep and then I need at least an hour of sleep.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Naps? Just how long can a nap be? 1 or 2 or 3 hrs cuz when i call myself napping I sleep for 5 to 6 hrs at a time. LOL

My normal sleep cycle is about 1 1/2 hours, so my normal nap is either 1 1/2 hours (3 or 4 1/2 if I'm recovering from jet lag). Most people say a nap shouldn't get into deep sleep, but for me, that is the best rest. I don't nap unless I can get a full cycle in.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I love to nap! But... when I nap it's like a whole nother sleep session... 4-6 hour naps lol

Sounds like you also have to go through a set of sleep cycles when you nap. You could set an alarm at 1 1/2 to 2 hours and come out of it feeling better.
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I loooove naps. When I'm lacking in energy, nothing feels better than a nap. Some days, that's all that will set me right when I'm feeling energy-less.
  • niallse
    niallse Posts: 58
    Options
    Only after a long run - 10 miles or more. Im so tired after my shower that an hour in bed is just the ticket.

Mick
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Heck YEA!
    I lie and tell everybody I have important work to do, then nap from 1:30pm until 3pm -- LOVE IT!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I wish! I can't even sleep when I'm supposed to. I'm such an insomniac.
  • christinal83
    christinal83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My son doesn't nap any more, so I do not get to nap either.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Oh my yes! Naps are great when I can get one in - must be on the couch, with my dog. A quick 30-60 mins usually does me just fine.

I may try to get one in tonight actually ;)
  • shadowsz
    Options
    oh meeeeeeee..i could not get through my days and stay sane and not commit some heinous crime unless most days i have a nana nap..sometimes all i need is to just lay there and doze off and bam although i want to sleep more its enough. Naps are the most awesome invention ever imo XD