RED TEAM WEEK 4

Options
124»

Replies

• MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jess. You too! :smile:

TJ, I'm sure everyone else will join me in saying that you are welcome. :smile: We weigh-in on Mondays, fyi. Just post your starting weight and I'm sure hurley will gladly add you to our list whenever she gets on the next time. And a bunch of us made our food/exercise diaries viewable to friends. So if you want, you can do that. Ohhh the challenges. 8 glasses of water per day, no late night snacking, exercise 5 days 30 min each....
    .... am I missing anything ladies?
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Hi! Can I join your team? Red is my favorite color and I am kind of a go-after-it kind of person. Please let me know what information I need to provide and thanks! TJ

Sure you can!

Yeah I think Mel (nevermore) pretty much covered it, unless I'm forgetting something!

We didn't weigh this week, because pretty much most of us had a case of slack-itis :laugh:
    so we are all kicking each other in the rears and getting with the program again!!

I'm Jess, by the way, and welcome!
  • MillerLight
    Options
    Thanks you guys and gals! I changed my name screen name as Miller is my maiden name and Light is my new game (only been on a diet for 30+ years). :laugh: I also added my picture from a recent trip to Chicago last week. Anyway, I have started exercising again with 45 minute swim classes 4 days a week after work. I have noticed that it has immediately had an effect on my waist and today I did 20 minutes on an elliptical machine and 20 minutes of weightlifting. One thing I can tell all of you about weight lifting - if you are impatient like me, lifting weights will allow you to see the results the next day. In high school (we had to watch out for the T-Rex's walking around) I used to jog and run all the time. It wasn't until I got to college that I discovered the weight room gave me faster and more immediate results. Hope this is helpful! Yay to water too! :drinker:
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    Thanks you guys and gals! I changed my name screen name as Miller is my maiden name and Light is my new game (only been on a diet for 30+ years). :laugh: I also added my picture from a recent trip to Chicago last week. Anyway, I have started exercising again with 45 minute swim classes 4 days a week after work. I have noticed that it has immediately had an effect on my waist and today I did 20 minutes on an elliptical machine and 20 minutes of weightlifting. One thing I can tell all of you about weight lifting - if you are impatient like me, lifting weights will allow you to see the results the next day. In high school (we had to watch out for the T-Rex's walking around) I used to jog and run all the time. It wasn't until I got to college that I discovered the weight room gave me faster and more immediate results. Hope this is helpful! Yay to water too! :drinker:

I hope to be able to start doing weights in the next couple of months. Gotta save up to be able to buy a membership (and it's not even for a "real" gym...the closest we have is the recreation center's small gym)
    I know the more muscle you have, the more calories you'll burn in a day just b/c you have the muscles, so I can't wait to start that :) until then, I've got my 1 pound (i think that's what they are) weights I got at target for a buck each, as well as my $1 resistance band from target:smile:

and as of now, our team is only ladies! i guess the men are scared of us :laugh:

...maybe even intimidated..?? hahaha
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    lol welcome to the team...
    so i dont have a list anymore cause it seems like a lot have quit and then came back and quit again... so i dont know who is on it anymore...
    i guess ill find out on monday on weight ins...
    i did good today as for food...
    over did it on the soda though...
    i was at work and had no energy so i grabbed a soda...
    bad me...
    but i work at chipotle a very popular restaurant and was running around sweating all over the place...
    SODA WHY AM I ADDICTED TO U!!!
    and right now i have the biggest craving for something sweet...
    but im fighting it by writting to get my mind off it...
    man o man and i have a lot of sweets in my kitchen...
    dammmmmnnnnn
    cant wait till i go back to my apartment so that i can have my own stuff to eat

man i can go or pizza
    see omg nights kill me...
    im perfect during the day!!!
    im going to go to bed and lay down and see if i can goto bed!
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Good morning, fearless people.
    I don't really have anything to say of any importance, but I thought I'd bring out thread closer to the top.
    I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    Hello ladies...I don't know about y'all, but I haven't been home much the past two days, so haven't been on here much.

I hope y'all are having a great weekend and I'll post again later!

(right now I'm going to shower and try to make sure there aren't any ticks on me from my walk today..:frown:
  • MelL1205
    Options
    So at least the scale was [somewhat] kind to me this morning. I am exactly where I was when I joined the red team, but better than the past 2 weeks (last week especially). And I'm ok with this, given everything that has happened this past week.

I never did mention that I fractured a few ribs on Thursday.... BUT it was for a good reason. I saved a little boy from being seriously injured by the SUV that was backing out of a parking space because the kid's mother was oblivious to the fact that he was standing in the middle of the lot. So, I ran behind the moving car, picked up the kid and plopped him on the ground out of harm's way -- seriously, like a scene from a movie, except, I was 5 seconds too slow so the car hit me a little instead. Whatever. I'm all right. I've fractured ribs before... it's really not fun, even breathing hurts. So exercise is limited until heavy breathing won't cause a tremendous amount of pain. I want them to heal (prob. 4-6 weeks until they feel almost back to normal, but I'll def. be excercising again before then) so I don't want to delay that process.

But I'm not just going to be sitting on the couch all day, so don't worry about that! haha. I'm still doing everything I would normally do every day (with the exception of exercise to get my HR up). The moron who hit me helped make sure of that. You see, the mother didn't thank me - she missed the whole thing so she yelled at me for putting her kid in danger. HA! Someone needed to save the kid, and it sure as heck wasn't going to be her. He would have been run over! And then the idiot driver never asked me if I was ok or anything. Instead he said that "it's good you had so much blubber as padding". I ignored him, but it added fuel to my fire. :smile:

I'm hoping to make this week an awesome week though nonetheless. :smile: Lose or maintain (b/c of injuries), but def. not gaining.
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    So at least the scale was [somewhat] kind to me this morning. I am exactly where I was when I joined the red team, but better than the past 2 weeks (last week especially). And I'm ok with this, given everything that has happened this past week.

I never did mention that I fractured a few ribs on Thursday.... BUT it was for a good reason. I saved a little boy from being seriously injured by the SUV that was backing out of a parking space because the kid's mother was oblivious to the fact that he was standing in the middle of the lot. So, I ran behind the moving car, picked up the kid and plopped him on the ground out of harm's way -- seriously, like a scene from a movie, except, I was 5 seconds too slow so the car hit me a little instead. Whatever. I'm all right. I've fractured ribs before... it's really not fun, even breathing hurts. So exercise is limited until heavy breathing won't cause a tremendous amount of pain. I want them to heal (prob. 4-6 weeks until they feel almost back to normal, but I'll def. be excercising again before then) so I don't want to delay that process.

But I'm not just going to be sitting on the couch all day, so don't worry about that! haha. I'm still doing everything I would normally do every day (with the exception of exercise to get my HR up). The moron who hit me helped make sure of that. You see, the mother didn't thank me - she missed the whole thing so she yelled at me for putting her kid in danger. HA! Someone needed to save the kid, and it sure as heck wasn't going to be her. He would have been run over! And then the idiot driver never asked me if I was ok or anything. Instead he said that "it's good you had so much blubber as padding". I ignored him, but it added fuel to my fire. :smile:

I'm hoping to make this week an awesome week though nonetheless. :smile: Lose or maintain (b/c of injuries), but def. not gaining.

What?! Oh wow! Well, I will say THANK YOU. You deserve it :wink:
    That mother and driver and jerks.:grumble:
    I hope you heal fine, and just make sure you're eating right and I'm sure it'll all work out!
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Thanks, Jess. Having someone appreciate my effort makes it better. As long as the kid is fine, I am happy. And he's ok. :smile:
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    check out week 5 post!
  • MillerLight
    Options
    You are a hero - simply put. Way to go and I am proud to 'know' you. TJ
  • MelL1205
    Options
    You are a hero - simply put. Way to go and I am proud to 'know' you. TJ

Awww thanks. :blushing: :smile:
    Hey, just fyi we started a week 5 thread.
  • MillerLight
    Options
    Mel - I'm way new to this - what does a 'new thread' mean? TJ
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    a thread is a discussion topic, just like this one right here. if you go to the message board, and then to motivation and support, then look for a topic called RED TEAM WEEK 5
    :wink: