Weight Loss Supplements (Please answer if you had experience

Options
Back in '07 when I was able to lose 40 lbs, I was only able to do this with the aid of exercise at least 4 times a week and the help of a fat burner/weight loss supplement. I have been blessed(not really) by a lot of subcutaneous fat in my stomach region I have found very very difficult to lose, so I have to work extra hard on trying to lose it.I took Stacker 3's, Lipo6, Hydroxycut Max!, and RedLine and have had similar results as far as fat burners (got the most out of Hydroxycut Max!). I've read that Hydroxycut Max! is really bad for you, and was wondering if anyone has tried something that worked really well for them. I am not sensitive to caffeine, and only work out 3 times a week wanting to gradually increase to about 5 times a week. I weigh 190, and am looking to lose 60 lbs(hopefully.) I've been looking at Lipo 6 Black For Her Ultra Concentrate (60 ct), and have read good reviews on it as far as working and can get it at a good price and wondering if it seems like a good idea. Thank you for reading!

Replies

• hammfam
    Options
    Hey I wanted to drop you a name that I have used in the past and am now restarting again. The name of the company is Advocare... they do not use any banned substances and everything is really all natural. They have a great program that really does work. The company has been around for some time now and the products work great... Its very simple and they label everything so all you have to do is do exactly what they say... Like on pill I take says take 30 mins before eating... This pill is not as effective if you eat 10 mins later... (believe it or not i saw a difference) here is a link http://www.advocare.com/07021676 these are my friends and they both have lost weight but he has lost a lot more and has the pics to prove it... Hope this helps!
  • laydeekae3281
    Options
    something that has really helped me with losing weight is phentermine. my doctor prescribed it to me when I mentioned to him my desire to lose weight and become more healthy, and with the assistance of phentermine, I've lost almost 30 pounds! it helps boost energy with caffeine and also reduces your appetite as well. its something I definitely recommend checking out. :) hope this helps!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Fat burners are a waste of money. All you have to do is eat a caloric deficit, workout and be patient. Your fat will go away.
  • invisbeth
    Options
    Last summer when I first decided to lose weight, I looked at a bunch of different kinds of fat burners/weight loss supplements. I can't swallow big pills and it seemed like 99% of them were big. But then I found Mega T Green Tea berry flavored packets....all u do is mix a packet with a bottle of water. It recommended two packets a day but I was only doing one and only on the days I worked out. I started to lose weight....slowly but surely. I should of kept up with my routine back then...if I did, I probably would have hit my goal by now if not close to it. I haven't been able to find the Mega T packets in awhile so I don't know if they were discontinued or what....they still have the pills, but like I said I can't swallow big pills.

If anyone knows of any supplements for weight loss that are small in size, please let me know.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    The only thing getting thin is your wallet. Seriously, why waste your money on something that could make you sick?

Sensible food choices and moderate exercise and you could lose that weight just as quickly.
  • appleg1rl
    appleg1rl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I lost 30lbs in two months (and obviously gained it back, blerghhhh) using Alli along with diet/exercise a couple years ago. Several of my family members have had long term success with it, too.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i agree with those who advise against the use of diet aides. i feel if they truly worked, as well as they say they did, we wouldnt have an epidemic of fat people... like myself. lower your calories below your bmr, watch your fat intake, walk or move around, and you will see great results.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    With the exception of EC and maybe Yohimbine, most OTC fat burners don't do much other then give you some more energy
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i have used lipo 6 hers also. its called a thermogenic..meaning its supposed to increase metabolism..through basically heating you up.

many people take these, especially body builders. They are safe as long as you know your limits and use as directed. Taking too many can increase heart rate and cause other cardiovascular problems. Now how much it is SUPPOSED to boost your bmr..but probably not by very much. Mostly i feel these should only be used to boost a sluggish metabolism..as in if you've stalled. from personal experience..if you are trying to lose stubborn fat, its best to stick to diet and exercise and forgo the fat burners.
  • Mergundy
    Options
    hey girl!
    I've been through the same thing you're going through now!
    I feel like if i can take a pill to help me lose weight faster, then why not?
    I didn't have very good results with the lipo 6 black for her, but it works differently for everyone.
    I lost 20lbs last summer using Zantrex 3(blue bottle) the original formula.
    It occassionally made me feel jittery, but it helped me a lot, and made me feel fuller and helped with hunger control and everything.
    anyways, I hope you find the best that works for you!:smile:
  • stefanieanne14
    stefanieanne14 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've taken everything under the sun and none of them work as effectively as taking in fewer calories than you burn. I think a lot of it is psychological. When I started here in August I was taking different pills and lost weight. I was nervous to stop taking them but I have and I'm losing weight just as well. It definitely proved to me that I have just been wasting money in the past.

Good luck!
  • AMYinKANSAS
    AMYinKANSAS Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi.....ADVOCARE!!! Try it and see what you think! I have tried many diff. "diet pills" and nothing has ever worked for me until I started on Advocare. It is a little pricey but well worth the extra money!! Good Luck to you!!! :+)
  • miss_lizz
    miss_lizz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ive used oxy elite pro & its helped with energy and i lost some weight but i liked it more for having energy to work out.
  • Prek2005
    Options
    Fat burners are a waste of money. All you have to do is eat a caloric deficit, workout and be patient. Your fat will go away.

I totally agree!! The problem with most people is that they want a quick fix, but don't want to eat a caloric, workout and be patient.
  • invisbeth
    Options
    The only reason I consider fat burners and weight loss pills is because I can't workout all that much because of my disability. I do what I can but it's not enough to get results. I watch what I eat but you can't lose weight on just that.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    The only reason I consider fat burners and weight loss pills is because I can't workout all that much because of my disability. I do what I can but it's not enough to get results. I watch what I eat but you can't lose weight on just that.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I swear I cant figure this reply thing out. But want to say that yes u can lose weight just by diet alone. I'm doing it right now and I've read many posts stating the same thing. U need exercise to tone and help ur cardiovascular health, but it's NOT a neccessity in losing weight.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I tried various brand of weight loss supplements before, but all of them doesn't work. What works for me is:
    1. create a calorie defect.
    2. Cardio Workout
    3. Avoid food which could spike your insulin resistance.
    4. Minimize Carbo.
    5. Make sure you meet fiber requirements.
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 40 pounds over the last year, 20 in the last couple months, A friend of mine lost over 40 pounds. We all are on the same thing. STOP EATING ****. its that simple. Amazing results. Just don't shove crap food into mouth. and something else that works, Get off the couch. Its an amazing concept. MOVE MORE, EAT LESS...
    Stop wasting your money on all this crap so you can lose it so fast, all you are doing is messing up your heart. If it were suppose to be easy, everyone would be skinny.
    Work hard and you will feel better when you reach that goal.
  • stormystrickland
    stormystrickland Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    something that has really helped me with losing weight is phentermine. my doctor prescribed it to me when I mentioned to him my desire to lose weight and become more healthy, and with the assistance of phentermine, I've lost almost 30 pounds! it helps boost energy with caffeine and also reduces your appetite as well. its something I definitely recommend checking out. :) hope this helps!

I used to take this as well. Phentermine is the off-brand of Adipex, or Adipexin. It does reduce your appetite, but I don't recommend taking it if you have anxiety. It may increase your anxiety, and in my case, it made it almost unbearable. At first the doctors should encourage you to take only half a pill until your body gets used to it and then you can take a half in the morning and a half at lunch time until you work up to taking a whole one in the morning. This is so your body can get used to it and you don't get too anxious or "speedy". It really is like a mild form of speed. My dad hated the fact that I took it, except for the fact that it is supposed to aid you in quitting smoking, which I also do. However, since I was speeding all day I tended to smoke more. If you decide this is something you want to try, I would go to a weightless clinic and talk to them about it. Maybe it would be a good option for you. Since I am able to lose weight without any aid, I decided to stop taking it, but I really did like it once I was able to get used to it.

You can also take it with the aid of shots. My doctor gives you the choice of B-12, Lipoderm, or some HCG/pregnancy hormone one, or all three. I only take the B-12 and Lipoderm though.