I am new

Options
Hi,
my name is jewells and i just joined fitnesspal and i really hope i can find some support here to help me. I live in Bakersfield and I want to join a gym but looking for a good one I can afford. please offer any advise you have, thanks

Replies

• mesolil_mesoshort
    Options
    Hey Jewells i'm new on here too. my mom tried out curves a while back and she had some really good sucess with it. and i heard thats its really not that expensive either. hope that helps!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    well I cant recommend a gym, but I can welcome you! and wish you the best of luck! you will love it here!! :flowerforyou:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    RainbowNtheWaterfall Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lisamgould
    lisamgould Posts: 68
    Options
    Welcome Jewells!!!
    I love LA Fitness
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site. I do. This site is so motivational, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so great here. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Hi there and a warm welcome!:)
    Good luck with your weight loss!!!
  • carlafreeman
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You will fall in love with this site in no time!! :wink:

I recently joined Planet Fitness. It's a really good price that I can afford. They have 2 plans to choose from. Check them out!! They are also the JUDGEMENT FREE ZONE!! I was skeptical of this at first, but it is totally true! I have never walked in their and NOT felt welcome. It's like my 2nd home now!! Here would be my 1st!!! :bigsmile:
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jewells:heart::flowerforyou: :wink: :laugh: Any gym close to home will work if you at least make time for about 30-60 min of cardio, and do some resistence training 2-3 days a week with weights. I always do 100 sit-ups everyday. They take about 1 min of your time but keep your belly tone...

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]202554.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter