Chicken, turkey or tuna recipes please !!

Options
Hey guys we have pretty much cut out beef except maybe once a week..I all looking for more yummy, low cal recipes for chicken, turkey and tuna. I make enough to fed myself, husband son and daycare kids..and extra for him to take to work. Right now its bbq chk. baked or grilled chk. So any idea's is greatly appreicated !! Thanks MandeeSue

Replies

• shannon_stallone
    Options
    I love using ground turkey all the time in place of beef....We make homemade turkey burgers(add 1 egg, any kind of seasoning...you could do taco burgers w/taco seasoning), turkey chili....Try jenni o's turkey tenderloins too, they're awesome....I'm always looking up good chicken crockpot ideas...Theres so much you can do with your crockpot...Also look on skinnytaste.com...I'm obsessed with that website..Good luck!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I too have cut out 90% of the beef (or red meat in general really) that i eat since July last year. not a conscience decision but more just that I really didnt fancy eating it anymore! I eat the mince once a week at most, or as a treat like last weekend had a minute steak sandwich.

My fav at the minute is just a chicken and brocilli pasta bake with low fat cheese as much or as little veg as you want!

Chicken goujons, strip chicken breast dip into flour, then a beaten egg and cook. I swap oil for spray and it works a treat, not the healthiest meal in the world but serves loads per breast, can cook in advance and freeze and makes perfect lunches the following day in a salad wrap.

No doubt will think of more recipes for you when Im home from work :)
  • gunnalose15
    Options
    here's an easy one that I threw together on a whim and we eat it both hot and cold. I'm gonna warn you though, I'm not posting exact measurements, I think you can figure it out...it's very easy and fast!x

Boil one box of whole wheat pasta (whatever noodles you prefer, I use bowtie if I can find it in whole wheat), drain and reserve one half cup of cooking water.

In a skillet, heat some EVOO and add a few cloves of crushed or chopped garlic and saute for a couple minutes.

Add some chopped tomatoes or grape tomatoes and continue to saute.

Add a can or two of drained tuna and a can of drained white beans and heat through.

Combine noodles with tuna mixture and add reserved cooking water as needed while mixing to keep mixture from sticking together.

I hope if you try it, you like it!