Advice...

I have a blister on the ball of my foot the size of a quarter, it was the size of a nickel Friday, so I thought I would not walk to let it heel. It was fine until the last lap. Now it is huge. What can I do? I want to keep walking.

Replies

• GemmaCloke
    GemmaCloke Posts: 5 Member
    Firstly i would say don't pop it or peel the skin off! I had a big blisters once and i made the mistake of popping it and peeling the skin off to releive the pressure and it stung for ages and I couldnt walk on it. I think if it gets really big then pierce a small hole in it with a pin just to relieve the pressure but I really don't know what other advice to give, sorry.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    I don't have any advice to make it heal any faster but I would look into making sure your shoes are fitting properly so it doesn't continue to happen
  • LazyDaise
    LazyDaise Posts: 48 Member
    Blisters build up to protect the skin underneath. You can relieve the pressure by piercing it before applying and antiseptic cream and then a bandage and clean sock. Either buy a packaged needle at your pharmacy or pass one you own through a flame before allowing time for it to cool.
    You will notice after a few days that the skin underneath will be hardened and the old exterior skin will fall off. This is natural as when the fluid builds up it detaches the skin.
  • bake1967
    bake1967 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for all the advice. I hate to quit my walking.