Before & Halfway There - 20 lbs. Lost

Options
Weight in Before Photo (June 2011): 170 lbs., size 12
Weight at Halfway Mark (January 14 2012): 150 lbs., size 8
Goal Weight:130
Height: 5 feet 5 inches

For several months, I was exercising and eating right, but I wasn't losing weight AT ALL. In June, I read Dr. Mark Hyman's book, Ultrametabolism. Through it, I discovered I was lactose and gluten intolerant. Since eliminating these food items as well as all high fructose corn syrup, I have lost 20 pounds.

Today, I tend to follow Dr. Hyman's plan. I eat tons of vegetables and limit my meat consumption to dinner. I also make my own vegetable juice that I drink daily. I rarely eat processed food. For exercise, I have been doing Jackie Warner videos and walking on a treadmill. I am a doctoral student, so I don't have a lot of time. I love Jackie Warner's Power Circuit video because she has 15 minute workouts. On busy days, I get 15 minutes in and I am still sore. I find her really encouraging.

So, I am at my halfway mark! I thought I'd post my progress. I know I still have 20 pounds to go, but I am proud of myself. Can you see a difference like I can?

To look at my photos, please look at my profile pictures or go to:
http://s1064.photobucket.com/albums/u370/mannykayc/

Replies

• GetSetGo73
    GetSetGo73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can definately see a difference, well done you! I wish you every success with the rest of your journey. Just keep doing what your doing and you will be there in no time.

Take care
  • mannykaymo
    mannykaymo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I finally figured out how to post my photos.

P1020468-2.jpg

P1000011.jpg

P1020472-1.jpg

P1000013-1.jpg
  • Moosey75
    Options
    Awesome way to go! YES you can see the difference big time!
  • HCBsChica
    HCBsChica Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    HUGE difference! You look great! Thanks for sharing!
  • mannykaymo
    Options
    Thanks! I am starting 30 day shred this week.
  • missodu
    missodu Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    what a huge difference! great WORK!
  • Froglet95
    Options
    Fabulous, this does help the rest of us. My daughter was lactose intollerent and she too lost, so maybe I should look into this too, can this change with age do you know? I am in my 50's now. You look fabulous though, well done.
  • MrsJackay
    Options
    You go girl!
  • Well done! You're looking great.
  • mannykaymo
    Options
    Fabulous, this does help the rest of us. My daughter was lactose intollerent and she too lost, so maybe I should look into this too, can this change with age do you know? I am in my 50's now. You look fabulous though, well done.

Yes, it can change with age. You can suddenly develop allergies or intolerances. For me, my body did not have severe reactions until I eliminated potential allergens and then added them back into my diet after 3 or 4 weeks. Dr. Hyman's plan can be a bit extreme for some, but my health has completely transformed. With his plan you eliminate the top 10 allergens for 2-3 weeks (I can't remember). Then, you add it back.

I did not exercise when I was doing his plan (to be honest, the first couple of weeks, I felt terrible. I had major sugar withdraws and could not imagine working out). Even still, within one month my high blood pressure stabilized so much that I no longer take BP meds (with the close supervision of my physician). I stopped having migraines. I started to lose weight. My seasonal allergies improved. Now, I only crave veggies (well, I crave a nice, soft, chewy piece of bread from time to time). :smile:

But his plan has definitely become a new lifestyle for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!