Do you balance carb/protein/fat by meal or day?

Options
I'm curious to know if you balance carbs/protein/fats by each meal or by the day/week? I tend to balance out over the week and usually day but not by meal. Should I be balancing meals more?

I have my mfp set to 45% Carb/30% Protein/25% Fat.

Replies

• SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I do it by the day
  • mareowner
    Options
    I do it by the day, but I think a classic nutritionist would probably say by meal is better. I've seen some articles that even talk about eating in a specific order.... for example salad first.
  • angel791
    angel791 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have not learned this yet. I started this website 5 days ago, noticing they're were minus numbers in the breakdown columns, but I caloric intake was OK.
    I could use some advice as well.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I do it by day; but I make sure to have some of each macro for every meal or snack. Breakfast is heavy on carbs (oatmeal) and light on fat (egg whites). I make up the fat at lunch with light italian salad dressing or at dinner by cooking with olive oil.
  • bossymom
    bossymom Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I TRY to balance at each meal, but as long as it ends up balanced by the end of the day, I don't sweat it.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    By the day is what's most important to me, but I find it hard to "catch up" if I have a REALLY lopsided meal. So while I focus on end-of-day numbers, I stay aware of meal-by-meal numbers too.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    By day. Though I try to make sure each meal has protein, and sneak some protein into my snacks too.
  • didyb
    didyb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well, since it's long-term eating that affects us the most, I aim for by the day, but am surprised to find that when that fails, my weekly numbers usually balance out. Lots of carbs one day- not so much the next can equal for a variety of eating that balances out in the end.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I TRY to balance at each meal, but as long as it ends up balanced by the end of the day, I don't sweat it.

Me too