Injury Advice

Options
I recently injured my ankle running, and it looks like I will be unable to exercise for a good week. Should I lower my calories for this week since I am not exercising like usual? I am at 1360 now, and was thinking of cutting it down to around 1200..

Frustrated!!!

Replies

• chuckles217
    chuckles217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I would say no. Is there any possibility of you do water aerobics or any low impact workout? If not, just stick to your calories.
  • TeeRaceFisher
    TeeRaceFisher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    there are plenty of exercises you can do while sitting/laying down- they may take longer to burn the same amount of calories as running/leg exercises do- but it's not like you're out for the whole week! I hope you feel better soon!!!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I hurt my ankle and have been out of commission for a couple of weeks. I changed my goal to maintainence so I eat 1440, I can't live on 1200 hundred. Then good news is that I have continued to lose at 1440. Gonna try to ride the bike for a few minutes today and then do weights. Hopefully if I ease back into 3 days a week I can do it. Good luck with you ankle...this has sucked so much.