moms?

Options
i'm not "new" per se....well, 20 days in.

looking for mom friends who are trying to lose the baby weight (or lose weight that we call baby weight, but know it was there long before the babies.)

I have three kid lets...Ages 6, 4 and almost 2. I'm a middle school teacher. I love indie music, tattoos, yoga and knitting. I've become a total gym rat. I could spend all day there if time allowed.

You?

Feel free to add me if you plan on being here for the long term and have a positive attitude towards your life long goals.

Replies

• cassiemarie1982
    Options
    Hey! I'm the mom of a 3 year old. I need to loose that "baby weight" too, although I am trying to get pregnant again. Trying to get healthier in the meantime!
  • dino_girl
    dino_girl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Howdy,

I am a Mom of a 2 yrs old and seriously trying to lose the 'baby fat' as well. But I have suffered so many setbacks since having Nicolas that I am really frustrated. But one day at a time is all I keep saying to myself.
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I was at about 150 prepregnancy, and now before I started tracking what I ate I was at 197 and I am now down to 192.5 after less than a week of tracking. I am a mommy to a beautiful almost 2 year old little boy. I gained A LOT of weight when I was pregnant and until now didn't know how to go about trying to lose it and had struggled losing weight until now. I say if I can do it anyone can. :) If you would like you can send me an add. I am always looking for other mom's who I can relate to on here. :)
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I will add you, I do not plan on leaving here anytime soon as I love the support on here and I love having new friends. I have two girls 7 and 10. Have a great day! :happy:
  • marias0922
    marias0922 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a new mom too. I had my little boy on Decemer 1st via c-section. I only gained 15 pounds during my pregnancy. I've only lost 12 pounds so far. Even though I only gained 15 with the pregnancy, I was overweight to begin with. I was a total gym rat and in excellent shape, but when my mom passed away 3 years ago, I stopped working out and taking care of myself. Now I've got a ton of weight to lose. I want to lose weight and get back into shape. In March, my husband and I moved 600 miles away from our friends and family, so I really don't have a lot of support here either, which is why I thought this app would be good for me. Good luck to you!
  • Shelly2706
    Shelly2706 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi i am a mom of 2 boys ( 3.5years and 3months as of today)
    i registered here a few weeks ago but wasnt really keeing track. Now as of today its been one week i have been working with this and i lost nearly 5lbs. :)
    my goal is to get back to 155lbs... so i have about 28lbs to go...
    babyfat that i never really got rid off since having my first one!
  • Venice57
    Venice57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a 4 month old son and I'm trying to lose weight from my pregnancy. I gained 70 lbs while pregant. I've lost 30 lbs so far, but have another 40 to go to get back to my pre-baby weight.

I do have some experience calorie counting. When i was in my mid-20s I was able to go from 220 lbs to 150 lbs. - so I know it works! :)
  • sally125
    sally125 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have three as well almost the same age. 7, 4 and 2. I did really well after 1 and 2 but the third just did me in. I have about 50 pounds to lose and know that I will get there is just going to take time!
  • Elona_30
    Options
    Im a single Mom of an amazing little girl she will be 4 the end of feb. I was in very bad relationship and gave up on me and now that I have been on my own for over a year and really want to look good and feel good for myself, I want to be an amazing Mom for my little girl and she deserves to have me around for a long time so Im trying to lose 70 lbs. I just started about a week ago so weigh in day is tomorrow, we will see how I did.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Im a mom to a one year old little man. Definitely trying to work the baby weight off that I got while pregnant with him. (arg).
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've added everyone who friended me! We can do this together, I'm sure of it!

Im headed to the gym. Will add anyone else when I return :)
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    37yr old mum of seven here. My youngest is five and a half.
    Lost 19 lb so far. Still got 60 lb+ to go.
  • kswift85
    kswift85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a mom of a three year old and one year old. Still trying to knock off the baby weight and get in better shape/healthier! I don't have the means to go to the gym, but workout on a daily basis at home. (My three year old likes to workout with me sometimes haha) I always love making new friends on here, so feel free to add me :smile:
  • stefanieanne14
    stefanieanne14 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Mom of a 3 year old girl and a nearly 1 year old boy. I didn't gain as much weight with #2 but I was about 205lbs to begin with. I started here in August and have lost 30lbs so far I have about 25 more to go to reach my original goal weight of 150 and then I'll reassess to see if I want to lose more.

I work full time and exercise daily. It's tough to balance with making sure I spend quality time with my kids but I say happier/healthier mom = happier/healthier family!
  • mmrkar
    mmrkar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mom of a 16 month old. Also looking for friends to motivate. I'll add you. Others, feel free to add me as well.
  • JollyJane13
    JollyJane13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy actually helped me lose weight, it was postpartum that killed it for me. I've gained 120 pounds since before the birth of my first child (almost 12 years ago) and it is about time it comes off. Having the twins 9 years ago changed a lot of things, including the way the fat formed on my body (had a c-section). As a single mom of 3, I am determined to do this. My kids encourage me without prejudice and for the first time, I feel like I CAN do it.
  • vausekatie
    Options
    Hi! I am a mum of three - aged 11, 5 and 3. I am determined to lose weight as I have been yo-yo dieting for so long. I suffer with depression and know it is linked to my weight. I started yesterday so am only on day 2! Happy to meet and make friends on here. Good luck everyone :)
  • Imgonnalose
    Options
    Hi... I am new here. I have to make some serious health changes! I am a mom to 3 children ... 12,8 and 6. I need a lot of motivation. I went over my calorie amount on my first day (yesterday) I am trying not to be discouraged.:ohwell:
  • Imgonnalose
    Options
    Hi... Yesterday was my first day too!
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Added everyone! What a great response.:heart: