how often do you weigh ur self?

Options
just being nosey, how often does everyone weigh themselves? daily? weekly? fortnightly????? <3 xxx

Replies

• emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Wednesday morning. Sometimes I weigh myself on Saturday mornings too. Depends on what my exercise and food routine looks like. I like to sneak a peek now and then to see how it fluctuates. But for weighing in just 1-2 days a week. That's enough for me. :laugh:
  • mpost12590
    mpost12590 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    just being nosey, how often does everyone weigh themselves? daily? weekly? fortnightly????? <3 xxx

Im bad I do it everyday. This is because I can gain 6 lbs in one day and the doctors have no idea why. I have to watch myself. I think though that once a week is what any people choice.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Wednesday morning. Sometimes I weigh myself on Saturday mornings too. Depends on what my exercise and food routine looks like. I like to sneak a peek now and then to see how it fluctuates. But for weighing in just 1-2 days a week. That's enough for me. :laugh:

^ the exact same!
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    Once every other week, in the morning:)
  • badr0mance
    Options
    typically every sunday before my workout, which is some time in the AM. i used to do it every day but i feel that it just makes you feel worse, because the number wont go down in a day.
  • gabbyaboxall95
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after I go to the bathroom, I believe that is typically when people weigh the least.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Every single morning. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I like to stay on top of it and it motivates me to know. And it's a nice surprise when it finally changes. Sometimes I also weigh myself at night just to compare to the morning, a lot of times it's basically 2 pounds higher than my morning weight. Only the morning one counts though.
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    I weigh myself every other day... sometimes every day, just whenever I feel like it. I like to see how I'm doing. BUT, I only log my weight once a week, usually on Monday after a morning weigh in.
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have started to weigh in on monday mornings.
  • neversettle
    neversettle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
    It keeps me on track.
  • MamaLutt
    MamaLutt Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day because it helps me to learn which foods are the most beneficial to my weight loss. I only track it every three days or so, though.
  • Elona_30
    Options
    I have never liked the scale so I only weigh once a week, and I will be recording it on here when I weigh in
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Every single morning. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I like to stay on top of it and it motivates me to know. And it's a nice surprise when it finally changes. Sometimes I also weigh myself at night just to compare to the morning, a lot of times it's basically 2 pounds higher than my morning weight. Only the morning one counts though.

Exactly this. Even our weight loss is the same!!
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Weighing daily keeps me honest and I can make minor tweaks if I see a developing trend.

Daily, first thing after going to the bathroom.

I do take the measurement with a grain of salt, I average my weight on a spreadsheet for a ten day average.
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning after I pee.
    But I only log down my weight every Sunday (I started on a Sunday) on an excel sheet I have.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. Even at that time of the month. I like to know what my body is doing and what causes my body to do what. I know a lot of people think that this is a bad idea. I think it's only a bad idea if it discourages you. It does not discourage me, it actually helps me and keeps me motivated. So it works for me. I only do my weigh in once a week though, like on this site, I do not log my loss till Friday.
  • petalrose
    petalrose Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I do the exact same LOL
  • Kimberly874
    Options
    I've been weighing myself every morning. I need to stop though, I think once a week would be fine.
  • cland13
    Options
    I'm also a slave to the scale, but I'm okay with that! I think it helps motivate me a little more than weighing in every so often. =)
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am in two different challenge groups, so I weigh in on Fridays and Sundays. I peek quite often and when I actually lose weight, I will weigh in again the next day to make sure it is still gone! ;)