feeling negative about my progress - uk girl

Options
Iv gone form 12st12lbs to 10st11lbs (Im in the UK) and gone form uk size 16 to uk 12 (getting too big but 10's get over hips and are a few inches away) I had a baby 9 months ago and have done this myself and worked hard. Iv had some weeks with no loss and some with 2-3lb losses. Now Im at my goal size of size 12 jeans (my fiance brought me some size 12 cropped jeans that even 2 years ago when I was lighter then I am now, couldnt get over my hips - they now fit and have room) I still feel I have a long way to go.He says I look fine and every one else says the same but I dont see it. My measurements are 38-30-36 and 3 years ago I was 36-27-36 and would like to get similar stats.
Im a typical pear shape and my hips have always been 36 inches and even at 9st my lightest I couldn't lose inches from there. Im getting a little obsessed with the number on the scale even though I know when I was 11st 2 years ago I couldnt fit into size 12s and Im a lot leaner now. My hips havent got the chunks of love handle when I put my hands on my hips anymore :drinker: so I know iv toned up and lost more fat. I just dont know why im not happy with how Iv done? Any tips on getting to accept Im smaller now and stop thinking im still 2st heavier?

Replies

• bubbles9021
    bubbles9021 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thats great to here your success, and to be honest, your body will change as you get older anyway (regardless of diet and lifestyle). To put it clearer though, you need to accept that you are smaller otherwise it could turn into an eating disorder and then you'll have to pile on the pounds again! Im sure you'll get to a near statistic as you hope but dont rely on getting there straight away as your body has changed (having a baby).

Sorry if it doesnt sound like support but some tough love might be good :smile:

Bubbles
    x
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Look at pictures of yourself when you were your heaviest & go out & buy yourself something amazing! to wear :]
    You'll see the difference :]
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Im only 20 so its weird to see so much change in the last year., Iv looked over pictures of myself after just having the baby and I cant see that person in the mirror anymore.
    Bubbles - My fiance is a good person to make em see whats real. I think its hard for me to get my head around the change as In the past year Iv had a baby and then been left with a different body and its a big change in 9 months.
    Thanks for the advice girls
  • Guadalupana
    Options
    Going down in actual sizes is a great indicative that you are in the right track, that you are not just loosing weight in muscle but your body is changing.

You actually inspired me, I was looking for someone around my body type and sizes. I'm pear-shaped and I know how hard it is to go down in that area. I have lost weight these past two weeks, but though my pants fit better, I'm still the same size.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Im 5"5 so a little short lol
    Even at my heaviest I was a size 10 on top as my top half is a lot smaller then bottom. But short of chiseling off some bone I cant do much about my structure or shape