calories vs. carbs vs. sodium??

Options
So I want to know whats the bigger issue to watch. I know I should stay under my calories, thats a given, and I also know that when I go over on sodium that turns into water retention which means weight gain but how bad are carbs really? And should I stay away from them as well? For instance breakfast this morning I hade oatmeal with raisins, 290 calories but 63g of carbs. Is this still a healthy breakfast??

Replies

• Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a specific, medical problem with sodium, I really wouldn't worry about that. As far as carbs, you may want to tweak your macros depending on how you do over the next few weeks.
  • mra4488
    Options
    HELP! I have the same basic questionwith a twist. They have said I need 1200 calories a day. I can stay within my calorie count but then problems hit ..... if my carbs and sugars are good my sodium is usually off and visa versa.

The other bigger problem I have is now I'm walking on the treadmill daily getting ready for a 60 miles cancer walk. I do 3 miles at 3.mpf for 60 minutes on a good day right now to start. Well that increases the number of calories I am suppose to be eating a lot but the other areas (carbs,, sodium, sugars, fiber, protein, etc.) all remain the same on the chart. WHAT do I do?