Warrior Dash

Options
Anyone out there doing the Warrior Dash? If so, how are you training for it?

Replies

• elo83
    elo83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Doing the one in upstate NY and very excited. This will be my 3rd time. I would suggest a lot of uphill running and upper body strength training other than that I think you're ok. Its really not that hard more just fun!
  • hawaiiprinzezz
    hawaiiprinzezz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did the Warrior Dash last year. The only thing that I would suggest is being able to run a 5k comfortably. Above that, training isnt really needed. Nothing really prepares you for crawling through a big ole mud pit or climbing rope walls. It was a lot of fun.
  • kitcatnik
    kitcatnik Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    not the warrior dash but the spartan race on May 5th. Running 3 days a week like training for a 5k using nike site and the 5k training program. strength training 2 days a week and on saturday my gym has been having a 2 hour training session for everyone that signed up. OMG we rolled, flipped and pushed tires, did tabata and ran 3 miles with weighted vests-basically got my butt kicked. oh yeah did burpies till the cows came home. Good luck its really motivated me to get my act together.
  • Emery313
    Options
    Im doing one in March for the first time!!! I have started the Couch to 10K so I can get comfortable with running that much. ALso im just trying to get my whole body stronger than it has been by doing videos like Jillian Michaels. Like the other posts says I dont think theres much you can do to prepare yourself for crawling through mud and etc. But just working on being stronger and being able to last longer with cardio should help us do the trick!