I ran OUTSIDE last night!

Options
Tamishumate
Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
I Went on a walk/ run with my 16 year old son last night, I had the couch to 5 k on my ipod but it is boring and I want music, so I flipped it to music and looked at my watch , I would run for a minute, then walk for a minute , run walk run walk.. I did that for the first two miles. and on the way back, I walked to whole way, the back of my legs were hurting ( feeling tight) and My son , who had run the full two miles then came back to meet me, was done too. So we just walked back.

I was impressed with myself, I am not a runner! and this was the first time I wasnt on the treadmill!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy110.gif

WOOT!
  • SandyHern
    SandyHern Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Good job!!! :drinker:

103332.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I'm hoping to start that too. I'm a treadmil runner myself, was it as hard as they say?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I Went on a walk/ run with my 16 year old son last night, I had the couch to 5 k on my ipod but it is boring and I want music, so I flipped it to music and looked at my watch , I would run for a minute, then walk for a minute , run walk run walk.. I did that for the first two miles. and on the way back, I walked to whole way, the back of my legs were hurting ( feeling tight) and My son , who had run the full two miles then came back to meet me, was done too. So we just walked back.

I was impressed with myself, I am not a runner! and this was the first time I wasnt on the treadmill!:flowerforyou:

Keep it up-- you'll find it's soooo good for the abs!!!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start that too. I'm a treadmil runner myself, was it as hard as they say?

it was different, that is true.. but IT felt good!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Treadmills are dangerous-- :wink:

funny-strange-people-1.gif
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,370 Member
    Options
    Oh, Marla :laugh: :noway: :laugh:

Seriously, though, congratulations! It is great to expand your horizons-literally!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    THat is awesome! You are a runner---keep going and you will find out! I was at 2 m, 5m, 8m then just jumped up and now at 36m being my longest. If you keep going slow, you will add little milestones and be running alot soon! good luck and keep it up!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I looked at your pictures and what a change in you. Keep up the good work!!!