Hi all

Options
Heard about this site from another forum. Nice to have a place I can keep count of what I intake. I'm well into my weight loss journey. I've worked with a personal trainer for the past 4mo. I'm now 8lbs away from my goal weight. Unfortunately for me now is that I've discovered the "pain in my neck, etc." that I've had for a long time(and recently gotten much worse) is caused by 2 herniated discs and 2 bulging discs in my neck. This is limiting what I can do while exercising.:( Hopefully by holding myself accountable with what I'm eating, this won't affect my getting in shape/weight loss. I did manage to lose 40lbs through diet alone over a 3yr. period. However, I hit a plateau when I had 18lbs left to lose. That was when I started with the personal trainer.

Well, Nice to meet ya'll.

Replies

• abusafia
    abusafia Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Tonya,
    You will find this website motivational.
    I have been on my journey for 4 years, starting at about 265+ NOT SURE BECAUSE I WOULDNT WEIGH MYSELF AFTER THAT.
    Iam an avid gym person and have my group exercise and spinning certs, and I will get p. training too.
    I had total foot reconstruction 13 wks ago, at that time I weighed 170, don't know what I am now , but I am limited as you are, so I understand how you feel. This site will help to hold yourself accountable:flowerforyou: . Keep Going
  • tonya1mt
    tonya1mt Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome. I hope all goes well with the foot reconstruction surgery. I have a real bad bunion on my left foot that needs to be fixed. This is the same foot that over 8yrs. ago, I had a plantar fasciial release done. I'm putting the bunionectomy off until my twins are a bit older(they are 4 now). Course now I gotta deal with these darn herniated disc. I do have an apt. now with a neurologist, so hopefully can start a treatment soon that will be successful sans surgery.:) Again, thank you for the warm welcome. :)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site. I do. This site is so motivational, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so great here. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Hi there and a warm welcome!
    Wow...only 8lbs more? Congrats!!!
    Good luck with your weight loss!
  • tonya1mt
    tonya1mt Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks for all the warm welcome.:bigsmile: I just wish I had known about this site earlier in my weight loss. I have lost approx. 45lbs, but that was over a 4yr. period. Now if I could just get myself to eat more veggies(not a fan of non-salad type veggies).:laugh:
  • lgk1414
    lgk1414 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm new here too - I need to lose about 35 lbs and so far I like everything I see about this site. It's full of motivation and the tracking helps to keep me aware of everything thing I eat. My MD thinks the tracking is especially a great idea.