excess weight in stomach

Options
any one have any suggestions as to workouts that get rid of excess weight in stomach. My family holds weight in the stomach and *kitten* and I've already lost 12lbs didn't know if someone knew of any cardio. I do jumping jacks, jump rope, burpees, abs, jump box etc its the last place for me to lose weight. any advice is greatly appreciated

Replies

• SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My trainer at the gym has me doing plank exercise. works out your abs..

The plank exercise ranked number 10 in the ACE study and is a great way to build endurance in both the abs and back, as well as the stabilizer muscles. This move is also great for building strength for pushups, an exercise that requires quite a bit of core strength.
    How to:

1.Lie face down on mat resting on the forearms, palms flat on the floor.
    2.Push off the floor, raising up onto toes and resting on the elbows.
    3.Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels.
    4.Tilt your pelvis and contract your abdominals to prevent your rear end from sticking up in the air or sagging in the middle.
    5.Hold for 20 to 60 seconds, lower and repeat for 3-5 reps.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Compound movements. Isolating your abs is a very slow way to drop belly fat. A lot of those exercises you listed are REALLY great.

Check out:
    Thrusters
    Squat
    Dead-Lift
    Snatch (dumb bell or barbell)

These are also very effective.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    Patience grasshopper.. and reconsider your macros.
  • oharabears
    Options
    Unfortunately, it's not possible to "spot reduce"--in other words, when you lose fat, you lose it from all over. If you've got extra stored in one certain area, it'll be the last place you shed it from. Keep doing what you're doing for fat loss, and be patient! It'll go eventually! : )