Really struggling today

Options
Ugh I just want to eat whatever today. I have done fairly well for 2 weeks and have lost 8 lbs and today is the first day that I am really having a hard time. All I can do is think about eating and I'm not even really hungry. I'm a stay at home mom so the Fridge and cupboards are just calling my name and I don't want to wreck my progress. HELP!

Replies

• m2agm
    m2agm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I get it, I really do. I am an emotional eater too...bored, happy, sad ..it doesn't matter .. is it freezing where you are ? Can you get outside for a few minutes ? Drink a big glass of water and clean out a closet !! Try to do something to get your mind off of eating.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Ugh I just want to eat whatever today. I have done fairly well for 2 weeks and have lost 8 lbs and today is the first day that I am really having a hard time. All I can do is think about eating and I'm not even really hungry. I'm a stay at home mom so the Fridge and cupboards are just calling my name and I don't want to wreck my progress. HELP!

Don't do it. Drink a glass of water and 1 saltine cracker. (just 1) That'll get you buy longer than you think .
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've been there. 8 pounds in 2 weeks is really great. Maybe your body is telling you it needs more calories. I can't talk you away from the fridge. Some "cheat" days are ok as long as you don't overdo it. Is there one thing that you really want to eat? Can you stop after having a small taste? Would you feel better if you do some exercise first? How about a glass of water or a cup of tea first? Can you get out of the house and away from the fridge? I've learned that sometimes I've got to eat whatever I'm obsessing about. Often, I don't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. But if I don't eat it, I'll gorge or that and other things that may be worse for my weight loss goals. Don't know if this is helpful, but I know what you're going through. Hang in there.
  • kat517069
    Options
    Just acknowledge that you are not really feeling hungry - you are feeling restricted. Do something liberating! You should really try to get out of the house. Take a walk or run some errands. Or do a project- I think the closet cleaning idea sounds great! Anything to feel accomplished and satisfied. You'll get through! And if you really feel hungry, eat a snack and get over it. You'll get right back on track and it won't wash away all the hard work you have already put in :)
  • pretty_ribbons
    pretty_ribbons Posts: 154 Member
    Options

OMG i am absolutely having this problem today, i am also a SAHM and have been doing this now for 2 weeks, most days i am out but i really needed a day in to rest the only problem with that is i just wanna eat :sad:

Just try and concentrate on the goal, and try and keep busy, maybe write a list of things you can do in the house then get to work or read a book, i think the main thing is to try and keep busy, i did end up having some cake :embarassed: but thankfully i stopped there, so maybe allow yourself one treat, good luck for the day :smile:
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Your thinking about food because it is a habit. The habit needs to be broken. You have to replace that habit with something else non \-food related. I like the suggestion of cleaning out a closet or going outside. Even if it is freezing outside, bundle up and go for 2 or 3 minutes.
    Visit youtube and find a short 5-10 minute workout video like yoga. Anything to completely distract you from that habit.
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow, 8 lbs is awesome!

I completely understand the struggling, I had a really bad day this weekend, all I wanted to do was binge. I just reminded myself (over and over) how well I have been doing and that I could do it. I felt really good when I was was able to get through it.

It may help to journal when you feel like this. It can help you realize triggers (loneliness, boredom, anger, etc) that can make you want to binge. Once you realize what your triggers are, you can plan for ways to avoid them making you head for the refrigerator.

You are not in this alone!! And you CAN do it!!
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice everyone. I ate and I shouldn't have so now I feel lousy but there is still a lot of day left so ill do better NOW. I have to remember this miserable feeling the next time I feel like this. All of you had great advice just wish I would of checked back sooner :( lesson learner l guess
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Instead of focusing on the fact that you did eat why not add in a workout or additional exercise to help burn off the exercise calories. That's what I try to do when those days happen. You'll feel better after too!