small NSV

Today is day 3 without any diet soda. I am proud of myself...this is cold turkey and down from 5-6 cans a day.

Replies

• mdgtfrmhll
    mdgtfrmhll Posts: 12 Member
    Great job! I know how hard that can be. I myself was addicted to soda. Had to have it everyday and if I didn't the headaches were horrendous. I like you went cold turkey and have been off soda for about ten days now. It's the little victories that count. Keep with it. You are doing great!
  • Great job! I know how hard that can be. I myself was addicted to soda. Had to have it everyday and if I didn't the headaches were horrendous. I like you went cold turkey and have been off soda for about ten days now. It's the little victories that count. Keep with it. You are doing great!

The headache is just now starting to ease up. My hubby keeps trying to get me to take something for it, but I told him I want to remember how this feels and what they were doing to me so I never go back.
  • cforbesm
    cforbesm Posts: 9 Member
    Keep it up!! It's funny I went off soda when I was pregnant last year with no problem but soon after I had my son I couldn't wait to have one. It tasted bad but I continued drinking them now I am always craving it about two or three times a day. I am wanting to try to stop drinking them again. They are such wasted calories. Why I went back to drinking them I don't know. Keep up the good work though your inspiring me to try again.
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    yeah!!!!!!!! I did cold turkey too from not diet drinks but dr peppers! It was hard at first, but now its been 2 weeks and i dont crave them anymore :) way to go! keep it up.
  • YOU GO GIRL...soda is super addicting, this is coming from a former daily diet coke drinker. I haven't had it in nearly 3 years. You can do it!!! btw: This is true, I sipped one recently and it tasted horrible to my new taste buds.
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    YOU GO GIRL...soda is super addicting, this is coming from a former daily diet coke drinker. I haven't had it in nearly 3 years. You can do it!!! btw: This is true, I sipped one recently and it tasted horrible to my new taste buds.

Me too! I use to drink a bottle of pop everyday at work. I had to have one. Then when I went back to work during the Christmas break, I bought a bottle of pop, and I had trouble finishing it. It was disgusting! And waaaaay too sweet.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Great job, I used to drink Coke every day at work, and finally decided it was a waste. Haven't had one in 20 months.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Well Done! ( clapping madly) :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!