Wii to burn calories?

Options
Does anyone else use a Wii to knock off extra calories?
I've recently bought one and I only have Wii sports but the Boxing mode knocks off a good bit...or its supposed to.
Does anyone else who use one, would you be able to recommend a few different game to buy to burn cals?
I really want to get a wii fit but their still close to a hundred =/ Soo preferably games that dont require the wii fit board.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I've used the Just Dance games to burn more calories. They are fun, and some of the songs are really tough! You can burn quite a few calories!
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I do just dance and zumba on the wii, they are fun, something I can do in my house and doesnt take forever lol plus my daughter can do them with me, which makes it more like playing :tongue:
  • butterfly3500
    Options
    I use" Your Shape" by Jeannie McCarthy. love it:love:

14831449.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I like Zumba for the wii. It has a belt that you wear and stick the remote in it. I think they just came out with a new one, so you should be able to get the older one for cheaper.
  • AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My husband loves the Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for the Wii. It's mostly boxing/kick boxing but it really works him out. He also has the two outdoor adventure games but they're more games than great exercise.
  • dksrj08
    dksrj08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love Just Dance, and the wii fit. I just burned 272 calories on wii fit. I love that thing. :D Plus I do 1 mile of walking a day.
  • Syntax_Error
    Syntax_Error Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ya you can definitely burn some calories with the Wii. Like others have said, the Just Dance games are a great workout, as are the Wii Fit games. I'm currently doing the NFL Training Camp and it gives a decent burn.
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love the Wii Sport Boxing!!! I also use the Wii Fit and like it really good. Just recently got the Michael Jackson dance game and like it too. So yes I use mine to burn calories when I can get motivated!

oh yeah have Zumba for the Wii also.. I prefer the classes to the game (just my personal preference as it makes me a little more accountible when I go to the classes)
  • sninny
    sninny Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I know the Wii Fit is expensive but it's totally worth the money. There are so many different exercises you can do so you don't get bored of the same workout everyday. Maybe you can save up for it. :)
  • butterfly3500
    Options
    I want to get zumba for my wii, I hear it is really good.
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    There are two Zumba games available for Wii. I haven't used them personally, but hear good reviews.
  • starshine420
    Options
    Does anyone else use a Wii to knock off extra calories?
    I've recently bought one and I only have Wii sports but the Boxing mode knocks off a good bit...or its supposed to.
    Does anyone else who use one, would you be able to recommend a few different game to buy to burn cals?
    I really want to get a wii fit but their still close to a hundred =/ Soo preferably games that dont require the wii fit board.

You bet I do! I play Just Dance 3 and Wii fit, plus we have a kinect and I do zumba (which is also available on wii, they just came out with the second one) and dance central 2. It burns off a lot of calories. There's also a lot of other work out games for the Wii, there's a pilates game and another i think called My Shape. I think Jillian Michaels has a game on there too. DDR is another good game you can use. Dancing games are the best ones.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I have both Zumba games, the sports pack, the balance board, Just Dance 2 & 3 and Dance Dance Revolution and those are all good workouts to burn. I have Wii Active, but to be honest, am not a fan and wish I could get my money back for it. The pouch never stays around my leg and it's combursome, at best, to do things like run in place.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    I have the Zumba 2 for the Wii and it burns, per my heart rate monitor, 550 calories for 60 min, and it is so much fun and the music is so neat that i barely watch the time :) Usually the last 20 min i start timing! Beats the gym on days i just dont feel like getting out of the house and doing the drive to the gym!
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    Ya you can definitely burn some calories with the Wii. Like others have said, the Just Dance games are a great workout, as are the Wii Fit games. I'm currently doing the NFL Training Camp and it gives a decent burn.
    I saw the NFL Taining camp game and thought it would be entertaining to get and watch my fiance do :)
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I've got the Wii fit, and I do a lot of free step on it, as I can set it up for a length of time and then switch my TV back to normal so I can watch a programme while stepping - the remote 'speaks' to me and gives me progress reports!

Note to self - remember to step upwards and NOT stub toe on Wii fit board when watching TV...... wasn't concentrating 100% and almost ended up with my face in the TV screen :blushing:
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    oh, and check out the used game stores. Gamestop is suppose to have Wii fit boards for $35 and the Wii fit games can go for as low as $2 and high as $15 depending on teh supply and demand. Zumba is hard to find cheap as it is so popular and so are the dance ones. I just bought Just Dance 3 for cheaper than Just Dance 2, but i dont care for it cause it moves too fast for me and is very hard to follow the moves. Maybe im just getting old!
  • chellefatfree
    chellefatfree Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit, Zumba and Zumba 2. I love them all but have to say Zumba 2 is my fav way to burn!!
  • oOoMicheleoOo
    oOoMicheleoOo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I also have the biggest loser. That brings on a bit of a sweat. i tried Zumba and was breathing out of my butt after 15 mins, knackering !
  • TeresaB1123
    Options
    I originally wanted the Wii Fit and wii fit board, but after reading a bunch of reviews online I decided there were a bunch of games that seemed a lot more beneficial. I am currently using the first My Fitness Coach (purchased used for $17.99) and the Zumba 2 (purchased new for $39.99). Neither game requires a wii fit board. I absolutely LOVE the Zumba workout game. Its fun and I'm able to burn about 500-550 calories in an hour. The My Fitness Coach is fun and easy to follow too. I like the idea of switching between a few different games just to keep it interesting each day so I'm not doing the same boring routine.