Insanity!

Options
I've just started trying Insanity (I managed to find it online) and just a question to those that have done it.
When you first started, were you able to actually complete the first workout?? I am (so far) only able to do 20 minutes of it before I honestly can't do anymore. The first time I tried, I only got 15 minutes in, so it's getting better.
Just curious to see how other people did when starting out. From what I hear, Insanity is one of the rougher of these videos (which is the reason I wanted to do it).

Replies

• Irishmoonwitch
    Options
    I've done insanity well the first month before I found out I was pregnant and stopped. The first month is the easier month. And with that said I was able to manage to make it through the entire video but I couldn't do as many reps as my ex-army bf. That being said your doing great if you can go longer then when you started. I plan on starting it back up after I have my baby in 9 weeks.

Just remember push through and you'll do great. It is call insanity for a reason. That reason being we are all insane for doing it. :) Shaun T is definitely Insane... :)

Have fun and let me know how you like it when you get further into it.
  • golope
    golope Posts: 54
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity for about a week now. I did it once before, but only lasted about 2 weeks. I can't make it through a workout yet the way that they do it, but I alter the moves so that I can get through the whole thing. I've found that works for me. I'm still pouring sweat and out of breath - but thats the point, right? :) When they do things like jump squats I just squat, for the high knees I lift my knee then put it completely back on the floor before lifting the next knee so there is no jumping or jogging part to it. I do the same with butt kicks. I basically just take out the bounce and that allows me to get through much better. If I really just can't do something, I do something else during that time - like sit ups or push ups, etc. I've found that by making some changes like that, I'm seeing results and I'm starting to be able to do the moves as they do at least for the first part then switch to my alternate when I just can't keep up anymore.

Good luck to you!
  • samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    Options
    Oh I already like it!! haha. I would be able to do more than 20 minutes if I was able to breathe. I'm trying to get out of my exercise induced asthma, which I've had all my life due to the fact that I've never been extremely active.
  • StrongAtLast
    StrongAtLast Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Get through the workout? I can't get through the warm up without stopping! And this is my 2nd time through it! :-)
  • samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    Options
    golope, that is a great idea! never thought of modifying it until I could do it. I just take little breaks for water and such and to catch my breath. I might have to try that!
  • Irishmoonwitch
    Options
    Mine and my boyfriends first day on the second month we couldn't even do half of the dvd. We stopped and went into the pool to sooth our muscles. I got so sick... we found out the next day we were pregnant. I miss those dvd's and can't wait to do them.

Are you doing the eating plan too?
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Be very careful when doing Insanity. Modify if you need to. Make sure you have a supportive surface especially if you are doing all of the plyometric jumping. If not, you will ruin your knees. I loved it until I messed up my knees doing the knee tuck jumps. Of course it doesnt help that my knees were the greatest because I run and the surface of my basement floors need alot more padding. In any case, be very careful of the way your feet land when you are jumping as well as your knee alignment.
  • randi1213csc
    randi1213csc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I have been doing Insanity for 2 weeks. We struggled terribly at first, but it has gotten much better within a short period of time. During the work out, we are out of breath and pouring with sweat. We are still struggling a little. Now I know why it's called INSANITY! Lol!
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I like to think of myself as "relatively fit," and I still am going nowhere near as hard as they go for as long as they go! But that's the beauty of it! You go as hard as YOU can go, for the length that YOU can go and you constantly push your OWN limits! I've done Insanity twice all the way through, and I still struggle! If you're not struggling to get through it, you're not pushing hard enough :) But of course, as mentioned previously, be careful! Push yourself to be better every time, but know your limits! Wear your heart rate monitor, drink your water, and if you feel like you're going to pass out or throw up....STOP FOR A MINUTE!!! Reevaluate, and then see if you can continue. Rest isn't for the weak, it's for those who know that it's necessary :)