Any fun workouts?! :)

Options
I tend to get so bored easily by going to the gym and just doing the elliptical. Anyone have any fun workouts or videos they like to do?

Replies

• Just Dance!!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    barbell complexes
  • kruggsy
    kruggsy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Try Zumba ,it is such a good workout and a whole lot of fun too.It's just dancing really using south American styles like;salsa,cuban, hiphop and others. There are loads of classes popping up all over the country. If you go onto the Zumba website you can find a class near you. Good luck.
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm a Turbo Jam/Kick/Fire junkie! No joke. Lost 60lbs with Turbo Jam, kept it off with Turbo Kick and now I'm losing my last 20 with TurboFire! It's dance, kickboxing, and just plain fun :)
  • goingbicyclecrazy
    Options
    I Bike ride every chance I get. When bad weather hits I use my eleptical. To make the eliptical more enjoyable I put it in front of the TV and watch something good. I can NOT do the eliptical without TV. Music does not even make it fun. But when watching TV I lose track of time while exercising.
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cgillentine416
    cgillentine416 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do Just Dance 3 for Wii and also do the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels DVD!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Zumba!
  • 76wendyful
    Options
    Crunch-Fat Burning Pilates!
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    Body pump or body compat are good fun and a great workout
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    makingthebest.com
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    I do Zumba II for the Wii and it is a BLAST!!! I look forward to doing it everyday!!
  • gogonads
    Options
    Zumba 2 for the Wii... I can burn about 700 calories in an hour and they have several different workout "classes" you can do.
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Just did a 10 mile run yesterday.. the funnest part? Running to a point where my BF could pick me up so I didn't have to worry about turning around.. just run and run! =)
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba and go Roller Skating ~ both can feel totally ridiculous at times, but they both give you a great burn and are tons of fun!
  • mmonconduit
    mmonconduit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
  • Natet18
    Options
    I like bootcamp style classes at the gym. I don't care how goofy I look carrying around the weights. If I don't hurt the next day, I didn't try hard enough!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I tend to get so bored easily by going to the gym and just doing the elliptical. Anyone have any fun workouts or videos they like to do?
    If it's not fun, count me OUT!

I won't do what I do not enjoy no matter the benefit.
    In general I do 90 minutes of cardio with 30 minutes of resistance 6 days a week.

I do a lot of weird things for cardio like military march, boxing type training,
    dancing, floor rolls, squat thrust intervals and the good ole jumping jack.
    And I jog, swim, play tennis, hike and bike.

Lost 64lbs and nearly 20% body fat - it works for me.
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    I LOVE the Les Mills BodyCombat classes... And Sh'Bam is just amazing too. I think it's a little bit like Zumba, but more varied & with chart songs instead of South American/Latino.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Try a new class at your gym!

I adore my salsa fitness class. And hip hop is fun too. I enjoy adding these to my overall routine (Nike Training Club, interval running outside, lifting) because I get bored easily.

Check out Nike Training Club if you have ipod touch or iphone.

http://www.nike.com/nikewomen/features/howitworks?locale=en_US