Pork Chops/Ground Turkey

Options
Any ideas for pork chops? I have some at home and not sure what to do with them. Also I have ground turkey. Not sure what to do with that too. I am tired of the same old thing. :)

Thanks! :)

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Pork chops: brine first for about an hour. Sear then bake.

Turkey: make chili
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I like to take pork chops and brush on a little olive oil, sprinkle on garlic powder, then brush on some teriyaki sauce and top with a pineapple slice. Broil until the meat is browned and the pineapple starts to char. Usually serve this with a side of brown rice and broccoli.

For ground turkey I will brown it up with some onions and garlic, then make a soup with the meat, low sodium chicken broth, fresh spinach and white beans.
  • dianaw819
    Options
    I season pork chops with whatever "Mrs. Dash" I have on hand, as well as black pepper, garlic powder....whatever seasonings you like and then bake them in a 375 degree oven...time depends on how thick they are. Ground turkey can be used in any recipe that calls for ground beef.
  • kruggsy
    kruggsy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bake pork in the oven, top with mustard and cheese, loverly!

With the ground turkey you could perhaps make turkey burgers or turkey meatballs?
  • cyndeelouwho
    Options
    Pork Chops with plum sauce are great! 189 cal for a 4 oz. pork chop. Recipe is on allrecipes.com.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Easy peasy.

Turkey = tacos with cabbage slaw (omg yum)

Pork chops = Bake with sliced apples, and glaze with dijon+ honey....mmmm
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    i think it is grill mates that make some awesome package marinades. they are good with the pork chops. i will normally put chicken/pork/steak into the marinades about 2-3 days before i'm gonna cook them if i plan ahead, if not i put them in the morning before. they have some really good marinades too :) easy to make. i put the oil, water, vinegar or whatever liquid the recipe calls for into a ziplock bag and mix it up then add the meat and seal it up and put it in plastic container in the fridge. the marinade has leaked out in the fridge before so i use the plastic container to make sure if it does leak i don't have a huge mess. then i ether cook it on the grill or rotisserie it. my rotisserie is one of the BEST investments. sooooo easy to use.
  • littletiger97
    littletiger97 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like to put pork chops in a slow cooker with 1-2 cans of Campbells Golden Mushroom soup (not mixed with water) depending on how many pork chops you have. Cook on low 8 hrs and I usually serve w/ rice and a veggie. Or you can use the Oven Fried coating (it's kinda like Shake 'N' Bake but it gets super crunchy). As for turkey my mom seasons it to taste then bakes it like a meatloaf and instead of tomato sauce or ketchup on top, she puts a can of cream of mushroom soup (like a gravy). You could also do this in the slow cooker but put the soup on the top before cooking. Yummy!
  • cyndeelouwho
    Options
    Baked Turkey Chimichangas-241 cal. for 1 chimi. This is a weight watchers recipe-Skinny Chimichangas.
    1/2 lb of ground turkey breast
    1 onion finely chopped
    1 clove of garlic-minced
    2 tsp of chili powder
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
    2 TBSP chopped mild green chilies
    1/3 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
    4 (8 inch) fat free flour tortillas
    Preheat oven to 400 deg. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick spray-set aside.
    Spray a med. nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; set over med-high heat. Add the turkey, onion, garlic, chili powder, oregano and cumin. Cook, breaking up the turkey with a spoon until browned, about 6 min. Stir in the tomato sauce and th chles: bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the flavors are blended and slightly thickend. Remove from heat and stir in the cheddar.
    Spoon about 1/2 cup of the filling into the center of each tortilla. Fold in the isdes, then roll to enclose the filling. Place the chimi's on the baking sheet, seam side down. Lightly spray the tops of the tortilla with nonstick spray. Bake until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes.
  • AngieMoore1975
    AngieMoore1975 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    With the ground chicken you can make chili. Lots of veggies like onions, peppers, mushrooms etc. sometimes I even add grated carrots. You don't taste them but they are a great filler and add extra vitamins. Add black or white beans for lots of fiber.

You can make anything with ground chicken that you would make with ground beef. Chili, spaghetti sauce, lasagna or shepherds pie and use the ground chicken instead of ground beef....no one will even notice. It is so good! My husband and kids can never even taste the difference.

Hope these are some ideas you can use....good luck! Enjoy! :)
  • MANDA7784
    Options
    This sounds really yummy...thanks! :)