I am new

Options
I have been using the fitness pal log for 1 week. I have lost 4 pounds in this week.
I am so excited. i am eating lots of unadulterated veggies and other foods, instead of having them lathered in something, anything. No chips or dessert so far and i haven't really missed it yet.
i am a carb person but oddly, carbs has been one category which i never meet the
requirements for. i have problems with going over my protein on a daily basis.
I really like this site. being made accountable for what goes into your mouth is a VERY good thing.
I am 53 and fairly active in my job but it has been really hard to lose weight for a long time.
it's great to get motivated again. ( cutting out the junk foods is a big key).

Replies

• chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Welcome, this is a really great site. Don't worry about going over protein, it is low on here. Look at that number as the minimum for a day. If you need any help, just ask. This place is full of people that will help.
  • Topxgun
    Topxgun Posts: 38
    Options
    Good luck! The weight comes off fast at first, but keep in mind it's not so easy after the first month or two. Just keep at it the whole way though.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Good luck! The weight comes off fast at first, but keep in mind it's not so easy after the first month or two. Just keep at it the whole way though.

This is SSOOOO true! When you come to a standstill DO NOT get discouraged. Just change up your routine and bit - and remember that all your excess weight didn't come on overnite so it def won't come off overnite. Congratulations on your success so far and keep it up.....it'll be the best thing you do for yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site. I do. This site is so motivational, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so great here. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: