Do any of you treat yourself for reaching a goal?

Options
I know I'm going to reach a goal (someday soon I hope!) and I'd like to know if any of you reward yourself (for motivation) if you lose 5, 10lbs or more and what kind of reward it is. Please don't say chocolate. lol

Replies

• Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    I have to things I do. I love clothes and shoes, I so when I reach a large goal of losing 10lbs I will reward myself with one of those. For mini goals like 5lbs I will do something different that's not to crazy, like get my nails done, or a pedicure or a small treat (though the more I do this the less I seem to want that), but it's always something small and something for me.
  • Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    I have two things I do. I love clothes and shoes, I so when I reach a large goal of losing 10lbs I will reward myself with one of those. For mini goals like 5lbs I will do something different that's not to crazy, like get my nails done, or a pedicure or a small treat (though the more I do this the less I seem to want that), but it's always something small and something for me.
  • Josteyn
    Josteyn Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm putting money in a pot as I lose the pounds. When I reach my goal weight (in September??) I will spend it on something nice :)
  • PamelaHenD
    PamelaHenD Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When I was 165 I rewarded myself with things I wanted but no food. My goals were 10lbs. My first 10lbs I got my left cartalidge pierced on my ear, the next 10 I did the right and last 10 I got my belly button done. I rewarded myself when I hit my 5 year remission from cancer with a tattoo. You pick what you want or to do. Just don't make it food...
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't make food the reward. Most of us already have an unhealthy emotional relationship with food and adding another layer isn't good. I've become a triathlon junkie. It's not a cheap sport, so my reward for milestones of any nature has become gear or entry fees.
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hmm I should think of something to reward myself for the first 10 lbs- only 3 more lbs to go! It'll probably be something like a purse (I don't NEED a new purse, I just want one). I might just use it as a reason to celebrate (with healthy choices, of course).
  • wendylou130
    wendylou130 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree, don't treat yourself with anything food related...not even a candy bar or ice cream cone. How about some new workout clothes? I love buying new workout clothes and I seem to work out harder when I think I look good, so why not? Whatever it is, it has to be something that you wouldn't normally buy for yourself, or don't buy very often.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even think of rewarding myself with food! A manicure or pedicure sounds awesome. Clothes too! Thanks!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Smaller clothes and fun shoes (I'm a total shoe-wh0re). In the beginning when I didn't want to buy new regular clothes yet (because I planned to drop more sizes), I rewarded myself with gym clothes.

Another great reward is to get yourself a pedicure or something like that.....especially if your feet have been taking a beating at the gym!
  • girlnamedlee
    girlnamedlee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've got a significant amount to lose so my goals & rewards are bigger. 30 lb loss I'll be getting a kindle fire. Next 30, either a spa day with cut & color or a tattoo, I haven't decided. Last 30 will be my clothing shopping spree.