30 day shred.....answers needed pleaseeee!!

Options
Hope you guys doing great!
I am planning to start Jillian 30 day shred.I have few questions before i start and would love to get some answers.

1. Do you do this workout each and every day?
2. How long did you do level1 before you went to level2?
3. after we finish the 30 day shred, will our body get adjusted to normal workout routine? I am sometimes worried doing something really hard and then stopping would effect the body's metabolism rate.
4. do you do other cardio activities also along with this?
5. Should we stop our previous weight training routine if we do this.?
6. last but not the least...will this Work!!!!

Replies

• bmgrant
    bmgrant Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am only on Day 3 Level 1 so I can't give you full answers but I will answer what I can/in my opinion :)

I personally do this workout everyday even when I'm sore. From what I have read from others on this board, it's best to stick with it everyday and not take a day or two for a break when you are sore.

I am planning on doing each level for 10 days or until I feel comfortable enough with that level. If after 10 days I am still struggling to get through that level exercise then I will keep at it for a few more days before going to the next level.

3. after we finish the 30 day shred, will our body get adjusted to normal workout routine? I am sometimes worried doing something really hard and then stopping would effect the body's metabolism rate.

I would assume that if you keep up some type of exercise routine and healthy eating your body won't go into shock or anything. This is just my thoughts though. If you were to completely stop exercising after completing the 30DS then yes, I would assume that it would effect your body.

I do an hour to 2 hours of cleaning twice a week (yes I count that as exercise) and I go to the gym and do cardio on the elliptical every other day while doing the 30DS daily.

I personally have stopped lifting weights/strength training at the gym since I started the 30DS. This is my personal choice though. others keep up with some weights other than the 30DS but I am a beginner at exercise so I think I will add back weight training at the gym in a few weeks after I get used to the 30DS and cardio.

Search the message boards for "30 Day Shred before and after pictures". That is what I did and I found SO MANY members of MFP posting their before and after pictures and measurements. It's what keeps me motivated to continue! It seems to work for many people as long as you stick with it, drink plenty of water and eat healthy. Good luck!
  • newme201213
    newme201213 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thank you sooo much for alll your inputs..they are realllyy helpful...i hope this works for me.....!!!
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 3, day 4...

I do 30 day shed m-Sat and take Sunday off

she says move on when you are ready...what does that mean? For me it;s been about 10-12 days, I move on when I start getting comfortable with the majority of the workout. (although the cardio part still kills me)

I don't have an answer for this...I haven't reached my goal weight so I'm going to be doing the ripped in 30 next

4. do you do other cardio activities also along with this? I am still doing cardio...MWF swimming for an hour and T_TH-Sat elliptical for an hour +

5. Should we stop our previous weight training routine if we do this.? This is a personal choice...I kept doing the others cause I need the calorie burn so I can eat, 1200 calories doesn't cut it for me

6. last but not the least...will this Work!!!! I've seen pictures on MPF with great results, and I can feel it working

PS...After level 1 day 2, I did take a day off because I was just too sore to hardly move let alone do the workout. When I started level 2 and 3 I started on thur, so I would get my day off after 3 days.
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    Bump curious to know as well
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    > I did it everyday but Sundays
    > I did each level for 10 days
    Just go into another routine. I am doing round 2 of 30DS right now!
    > I do between 20-45 mins of Zumba on the Wii or an hour walk/jog
    > That is up to you.
    > YES!!! My first round I lost 14 lbs and 13 total inches!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 and 2 for 7 days each than moved on to level 3 this past Saturday. I have only taken one day off since starting. But the day before my day off I did level 2 and 3 (guilt). My plan is to continue level 3 until day 30. I usually do an additional 15 min on treadmill walking at incline of 6 (15min/mile). It will work if you monitor your food intake.
    After I am done either going to stick with level 3 for awhile longer or get another Jillian dvd. Not sure yet. Might even start running again.

Good luck you will love it. It only takes about 22 minutes from start to finish.
  • hatchwife
    hatchwife Posts: 14
    Options
    I am going to try it today and see if my ankle can handle it,,, I hope being a big girl I can still do it.!
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    Yes, I do. I have missed a few days and then made up for them by doubling them up on another day. I wanted to finish in 30 days with 30 workouts.
    I did each for 10 days...it was just the right amount.
    I plan on going straight into something else, probably ripped in 30. This is something I want to keep up so I'm not concerned with this.
    I try to keep a good mix. Some days I do Shred and Insanity Fast & Furious and other days, I do shred and then run and I wanted to also add in 10 minute trainer to some of the days.
    I would just go by what your body tells you. If you can handle it, go for it. If not, there's no shame in that.
    I'm on day 26 and YES it works. I'm mad for not taking before and after pics but I can tell my jeans are looser. Also, even though I still have some fat on my stomach, i can feel my abs underneath. My stomach is flatter...my legs and arms are much stronger. If I had it to do all over again, I would have taken measurements and pictures. You should try to do that if you're comfortable with it. I will be doing that when I start Ripped in 30.

Best of luck!