Christmas Weight Gain?

Options

Replies

• bea2304
    Options
    I've manged to gain 5lb's over christmas and new year decide to use my fitness pal to keep track of what I'm doing for the new year. Hoping i'll get to where i wont to be XD
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Up 3.6 pounds. It actually probably would have been worse but I joined a gym the week before Christmas so I'm sure the workouts helped. Someone else said they ate their body weight in cookies and I'm sure I did too.

Won't weigh again until Monday...hoping that 3.6 plus at least another pound will be gone by then!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    3lbs up when I weighed on my normal day last Friday. My Wii had me up 4 but I was clothed and holding the controller.

Makes you realise just how easy it is to fall back into old habits when the temptation is there.

Not to worry though, I'm back at the pool, back on the Wii and back on track!

Onwards and downwards!
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've been practicing a policy of avoidance when it comes to scales since Christmas...I can tell in the way my clothes fit and the way I look that there's some added padding but it's a new year right?? :drinker:

YES THIS ALL THE WAY!
    I have not stepped on the scale yet, i know i have a little more cushion than before the holidays, but when my clothes are back to normal fitting that is when i will step on the scale again. If i see the needle going in the wrong direction i will be bummed.
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    I lost .4 between 12-23 and 1-2. I weighed again yesterday and it said I lost another 2. I didn't record that one though, I only record on Monday. I recorded on 12-23 knowing I was going to be out of town all week. I too ate too many cookies and didn't have a gym to go to. I did calisthenics in the morning, I think that helped. I have also put on some muscle in the last two months so that helped too. I love my little fat burning friends!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    i have put on the exact amount I lost - am back to 60kg so put on, let me convert, 4.4lbs. Ugh. I blame the Baileys.
  • JulesKilvo
    JulesKilvo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    6lb gain. Not weighed myself since as my weigh day is Friday so hopefully I will of lost some of that!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 1/2 pound a week. Over the past two weeks I lost 1 1/2 pounds, so that was better than expected.
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Gave myself a free pass from Thanksgiving on. Gained around 8 pounds, but 3 are gone already since I got back to swimming and running last week.
  • shazzamax11
    Options
    Gained 5lbs but did manage to swim 3 times during the christmas break. Back on logging today and the exercise regime so I'm hoping it wont stay on for long.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear most of you didn't gain much, or have already lost some that you did gain! I was determined not to gain much because it takes me a little longer to lose the pounds these days, but luckily I only gained a little and am already back to my pre Christmas weight! Everything's good :-).
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Over 9 days from Xmas Day to New Years I put on 7.5 pounds. Having a NY Eve Chinese takeaway didn't help. I have lost 7 pounds of it so far so hoping to lose all of it by tomorrow.
  • vonnywaft
    vonnywaft Posts: 182
    Options
    And I'm back to where I was 2 weeks before Christmas, so I'm really pleased, I've not even tried that hard! i'm back on it now to get to my goal weight, been under cals all week (yes I know it's only Monday!) and have not been tempted by anything sweet or high carb. Just changed my drink from coffee (caf in the morning then decaf all day) to green tea in the morning and camomile tea all day. It feels strangely fresher and I'm liking it.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    5 pounds gained and earned every one of them :) Cookies, cake, ice cream and whiskey :tongue: Back on track tho! It was worth it!
  • crdav13
    crdav13 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I gained 5 lbs from 12/6 till now...I had lost 1.5lbs of it but managed to put it back on over the weekend....really doing everything to get rid of that 5 lbs I gained but it doesn't seem to be working! :(
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    7lbs ..... most of it through alcohol... shame :(

*but it was fun ;)*
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I gained three pounds and have worked off two so far.
  • MonkeyLover1993XxX
    Options
    I went from 101.3 pounds to 110 pounds but tbh i havent stoped eating till christmas just glad im a weightgainer not a weight loser else that would be depressing
    EDIT:- egnore my ticker i have been in the grips of ed i need to change it
    Hello!

Not sure if there's already a topic like this, so apologies if there is. Just thought we could all share how much weight we'd gained over Christmas!

I was naughty for two weeks, and when I stepped on the scales yesterday it said that I'd gained 3lbs. I had a really healthy day and some exercise, and this morning it said that two of those pounds have now gone. So I'm happy with that as it was obviously mostly water retention.

How about you? What's the damage?
  • SPSHLK73
    SPSHLK73 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So I actually went of track in October 2011 and am struggling to get back on track. I've gained 14 lbs of the 30 I lost last year =( It's so hard to get back on track once you've gone off. Any tips???? My main problem is snacking at work. Sometimes I just feel hungry and I eat eat eat =(. So frustrated. I'm not giving up though. I will lose those 14 lbs.
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    gained 10lbs as i was went home from uni for 5 weeks over christmas and had to make the most of having food in the fridge! haha, back to the student lifestyle now though which means surviving on fruit and porridge so im sure those pounds will be of before i know it lol