I felt so cheated

Options
LiMer
LiMer Posts: 112 Member
Okay, so today I just purchase a Polar F4 HRM and used it for the first time. I walk for 2 hours as usual.

Before when I logged in my calories burn, I'm never know for sure so I log it as walking 2.5 or sometimes 3.0 miles per hour and it gives me my calories burned, usually 350-450.

Well today, with my new HRM, I burned 830 calories. No wonder I haven't been losing any weight, I've been eating too little.

I love my HRM.

One question, does it show anywhere how many miles I've walked?

Replies

• FletcherChic
    FletcherChic Posts: 158
    Options
    no - it doesn't log miles :(
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    If you go to www.mapmyrun.com you can make your own route and find out how many miles you've gone!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    congrats on hrm!!!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me - I love my HRM too!!
  • LiMer
    Options
    The chest strep, are you supposed to wear the Polar logo in the middle or to the left side? I read the manual but I'm still confused.
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    I've got the same HRM as you do...the chest strap should be worn with the Polar logo in the middle of your chest (at least that's what I was told).

I feel the same way about my HRM as you do; the first time I used it while I was on the elliptical machine, I discovered I'd been burning almost twice as many calories as the elliptical's calorie counter was telling me I was burning.

It's great when you start taking things seriously enough to take it to the next level...I love it!
  • LiMer
    Options
    If you go to www.mapmyrun.com you can make your own route and find out how many miles you've gone!

Wow thanks, I just checked and almost 7 miles.
  • LiMer
    Options
    I've got the same HRM as you do...the chest strap should be worn with the Polar logo in the middle of your chest (at least that's what I was told).

I feel the same way about my HRM as you do; the first time I used it while I was on the elliptical machine, I discovered I'd been burning almost twice as many calories as the elliptical's calorie counter was telling me I was burning.

It's great when you start taking things seriously enough to take it to the next level...I love it!

Oh thank you... I was wearing it to the side and it was so uncomfortable, it hurts. Now that I tried it in the middle, the pain is gone and more comfortable. Thank you.