55 lbs lighter and the journey continues

Options
Chip10k
Chip10k Posts: 57 Member
Hi, I've been using MFP on my cell phone for a long time now but just recently checked out the online site for it. Now that i have i'm hooked! :) I love coming on here and reading everybody's success stories so i thought i would put mine on here too. I don't remember exactly when my journey started. I just remember waking up one day feeling depressed and so sick of looking at myself . I have tried many diets, such as weight watchers and even diet pills. None have helped me as much as MFP has! Counting my calories have become so routine in my life that i feel strange if i don't do it. I can see this helping me all the way to my final goal, which I'm still not sure what that number is yet. I do know that my goal is getting closer so of course it is getting tougher to lose the weight. So i would love some friends on MFP to help me out if possible. :smile:

The first picture was taken about 1 1/2 years ago, where i was probably at my heaviest around 235 lbs!

26742_1290239332243_1118028186_30820356_7627371_n1.jpg

This one was taken over the summer of 2011 at around 185 lbs. Since this picture i am down another 5 lbs and still have another 10 to 15 lbs to lose.

036.jpg

The toughest thing for me is that i have a hard time seeing the difference. I am getting compliments from friends and family though, which is keeping me motivated. I love this site and I have been recommending it to anybody who asks me how im losing my weight. :smile:

Replies

• BrocksMommy
    BrocksMommy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!!! :))
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see the difference. Great job!
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • JamzPurse
    JamzPurse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great job. I can definitely see a difference. You look great. Would you mind telling me your height? You look pretty tall to me. I am 5' 7 and I hope I look that good at 180. I am currently 190.
  • Chip10k
    Options
    Great job. I can definitely see a difference. You look great. Would you mind telling me your height? You look pretty tall to me. I am 5' 7 and I hope I look that good at 180. I am currently 190.

Thank you :smile: I am 5' 10''
  • LA723
    LA723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I can totally see a difference. Great job! :)
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You look great well done!
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look great!
  • Laineegrrl
    Laineegrrl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I can totally see the difference! Thanks for sharing!
  • Chip10k
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :happy:
  • Sandrea1981
    Sandrea1981 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You are a great inspiration. I am 222 pounds, having already lost 13 pounds. I have 47 to go. Stories like yours remind me, it is totally achievable.
  • Uhmanduh
    Uhmanduh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    you look great!!! Keep it up, you're an inspiration to us all...
  • bettyford4202
    bettyford4202 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    WTG!! Awesome job girl!!!
  • caritiger
    caritiger Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Congratulations!:happy:
  • jessicak0614
    jessicak0614 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference. Way to go! You look great.
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job.

Also! Knoebles shirt?! Where are you from!!? I live like 40 minutes away from there!
  • Myhighway2
    Options
    I think you are doing a wonderful job, you look great!
  • Chip10k
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job.

Also! Knoebles shirt?! Where are you from!!? I live like 40 minutes away from there!

I have only been there once. I live about 2 hours away...near the poconos. It was a lot of fun and i hope to get back there sometime this summer :smile:
  • brittni127
    Options
    I see a huge difference!!! Great job! I'm at a similar start weight (226lbs) and this is great motivation, thanks
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss shows me it can be done! I need to hear stories like yours. Your look great. You must feel good, too.

What was your calorie allowance per day?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!