Hi, My name is Stephanie

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Stephanie....and I am...(gulp)....40 years "young".... I am trying to re-lose the weight that I gained this year by switching to a "sit down office job" rather than walking constantly on the patient floor as a RN :-)
I love my new job...but all I do is sit in front of a computer and review charts or do paperwork, etc. The weight crept up on me and I am soooo mad at myself! I gained 30 pounds since Januaury 2011.
I love this site and absolutely love the bar scanning capability with my iphone/ipad. My email is stephcricket@gmail.com if anyone wants to be my friend to help me do this.....and help keep me motivated. I look forward to checking out this forum.

Steph

Replies

• hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain of switiching to a less physically active work environment. You can do it! :)
  • gottolosethisfat
    Options
    Good luck with your journey, I will add you as a friend x
  • Melk967
    Melk967 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I also work in health care (i'm a medical technologist) and it's one of my motivating factors for getting back in shape. Feel free to add me :)
  • JanMelara
    JanMelara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Stephanie!
    I'm a retired RN. At a certain point in my career, I also switched from an on-my-feet job to a sit-down type. The lower activity does make a difference. I had a scale in my new office and boy did it tell that tale!
    I was able to take the weight off by exercising more outside of work and by fanatically sticking to my diet. I remember one time the hospital sponsored an ice cream social in the cafeteria. There I was, eating the 3 slices of turkey I'd planned for my snack while everyone else chomped down on their delicious-looking sundaes. I took some ribbing about it, but I ended up getting my body back the way I wanted it.
    Now that I'm retired, my weight has crept up again. I'm making progress, though, with the help of this app.
    Stick to your guns!
    Jan