3 days in!

Options
BEing a person who has always managed to work out for 2 hours a day 5 days a week....I just never saw the need for counting calories. I thought the idea of it was silly. But in the past year I have put on 15 pounds and my working out seems to just keep me at my current weight...is age taking its toll. I have a friend who has lost 57 pounds using this website! I am convinced=0) So nnow here I am trying to count calories...I am so hungry:sad: but I'm sure it will pass. I keep hope alive and my wish of 10lbs to melt away in the next 5 weeks.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site. I do. This site is so motivational, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so great here. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • harvick29
    harvick29 Posts: 14
    Options
    Keep lots of healthy snacks around, Whenever I get hungry between meals or my meal just doesn't look big enough to satisfy me I grap 10 grapes or 10 baby carrots w/ a teaspoon of light ranch dressing, make sure you are eating at least 5 times per day, every four hours. You can divide your calories up in the morning to figure out how much you can have at each meal, making your breakfast and dinner with the majority of the calories. My suggested calories for the day is 1200, so I plan my meals to equal 1100, then I always have the room for another 100 calories if I feel famished or I get a treat at the end of the day for staying within my limit.
    Good luck and welcome to the MFP family.
  • kristinareid
    Options
    THank you very much=0) :smile: I can do all things through HIM! I will keep that in mind when it gets hard. I have a question though.....does it really matter what I eat as long as I stay within my limits of calories I am suppose to consume?