I need help with exercise!

Options
Hiya, I am trying to lose weight, been sticking to my 1200 calories a day now for the last week and i have been going on walks etc and i have lost 4lb in the first week , but i was having a go on just dance and it has aggrivated my sore knee! i don't want to stop exercising but i dont want to hurt my knee anymore than it already is! Do you have any advice on what to do to burn lots of calories without too much on my knee?? Thanks x Laura

709145.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    The only cardio thing I can think of right now is boxing workouts. I have multiple Jillian Michaels dvd's (all of them?) and she says fairly often that if you have a lower body injury, punches will still be good for cardio workouts providing their done with force as opposed to waving your arms about. I'm sure there must be more cardio exercises but that is the one I do whenever I smash my knee and can't do anything else.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Low impact workouts: walking, walking DVDs, swimming, eliptical, step aerobics, rebounder (small trampoline) - kickboxing/Tae Bo can be low impact ... but watch your form! Tae Bo has pivots (you turn your hips with certain punches). Be careful of turns & pivots on a carpeted surface and make sure your shoes are supportive enough.
  • rbolis
    rbolis Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been starting slow. I used to exercise regularly before my two kids, my oldest is going on 4. I am currently doing ab exercises and butt exercises. I dont know if u have an iPhone or iPad but the apps are free and they r ab and butt workout. I started at 5 mins each and now I am at 7.5 mins each. It doesn't sound like much but I feel it!!! Gonna then move to 10 min each. Then add cardio. I am doing every other day. Hope this helps
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Yoga and Pilates
  • gottolosethisfat
    Options
    Hiya, I am trying to lose weight, been sticking to my 1200 calories a day now for the last week and i have been going on walks etc and i have lost 4lb in the first week , but i was having a go on just dance and it has aggrivated my sore knee! i don't want to stop exercising but i dont want to hurt my knee anymore than it already is! Do you have any advice on what to do to burn lots of calories without too much on my knee?? Thanks x Laura

709145.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

There are some good boxing workouts on wii that I have used. Boxing is fab! I get a ba knee also when it aggravates I use ibuprofen gel and a support bandage while exercising.