HRM??

Options
Okay, I have a watch heart rate monitor and its the kind that you touch and it takes your HR...but it doesn't count calories burned and I have to continually put my fingers on it or it doesn't keep track...

I wanna get an accurate amount of my calories burned...what can i do??

Replies

• cba4994
    cba4994 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I just got a polar HRM with a chest strap. I love it. Search HRM and you will find a lot of great info from previous posts.:flowerforyou:
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT7 and I really like it, it has a chest strap and continuously tracks your heart rate. It also tells you how many calories you burned. I researched threads on here and posted my own and seen that a lot of people like the Polar HRMs.
  • mommyblessed7
    mommyblessed7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my polar monitor! Ive had it for over 5 years now and cant live without it! If you get a chest strap make sure its the coded one! Otherwise you'll pick up anyones heart rate that has one on! Id definitely recommend it.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7! LOVE IT! :D
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I just got the polar ft4 and love it! Calculates calories burned and hr
  • Sweetreat31
    Options
    I went to Best Buy yesterday and got the POLAR FT7 with the chest strap and I was reading the instructions and it ask that you wet the straps first, my question is DO I HAVE TO DO THIS BEFORE EVERY USE?
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I went to Best Buy yesterday and got the POLAR FT7 with the chest strap and I was reading the instructions and it ask that you wet the straps first, my question is DO I HAVE TO DO THIS BEFORE EVERY USE?

I highly recommend reading the user manual given to you AS WELL AS the Polar instructions ONLINE. The online instructions are more thorough and give you care instructions. Taking care of it properly is important or the signals will start to mess up :)

As for wetting the strap, yes you must wet the two contact points before every use.
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love love love my Polar FT7. I got it for $70 on amazon.com. It's changed my life!!
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this will help you any but...........Here is a link that was posted in another thread with a lot of information on HRM's. Also, I would suggest getting one with a chest strap as they are better to calculate an accurate HR.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

I purchased a Polar FT40 last year from heartratemonitorsusa dot com to replace my old Polar (which didn't calculate calories burned) and I :heart: the FT40.

You can search the internet for specials and lowest prices if you are shopping for any HRM on sites like heart rate monitors usa, Amazon, sporting stores, ebay, etc.

Also, search for online codes so that you can take advantage of any additional savings :wink:
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Got my Polar FT7 in the mail last night. i'm dying with anticipation to break out of this prison (work) and hit the gym to try it out!
  • burgenah
    Options
    Get a Polar Heart Rate monitor, it will change your workouts!! I love mine!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Another vote for a Polar (FT4 here). Have had mine for about 3 weeks and LOVE IT!

About the wetting the strap questions - just wet the two indicator strips to the left and right of the snap-in monitor, not the whole strap.
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Anyone use the Nike+ HRM.. believe polar makes the chest strap.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Get one with a chest strap.. Easy.

I have a Polar FT60 and I love it!