This ever happen?

Options
Eat nutritious breakfast, lunch, and dinner and exercise for a week...lose .2 pounds.

Eat half a pizza no exercise...lose 3 pounds in a day.

I hate how bodies work.

Replies

• ShantiDey
    ShantiDey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    YES! Thank you for sharing - I know now I am not crazy. You have also just hit on a key reason why I am logging / tracking my food intake so carefully on here...so I can have a written log to shove in my dr's face.
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    yup, I've definitely experienced that more than once! I try to keep my official weigh-in day consistent once a week, but I do tend to weigh myself "unofficially" several times a week. It sure is frustrating the way our bodies work, but at least we're smart enough to know that what's going on is water retention / bloating / muscles swollen up from a good workout / etc, and Not that eating half a pizza just may be the next miracle diet ;-)
    Keep powering through the eating healthy and exercising thing, and your weight/health will keep moving in the right direction - yes, I'm saying this to myself, too :-)
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    lol its funny you should bring this up.

I have been eating healthy and watching everything like a hawk that i put in my mouth. ive been working out a little bit. (not as much as i would like) ive been stuck for over a week now.

friday i went to my bowling league. i made sure to eat alot during the day because i wouldn't have time for a good balanced dinner. (also noting i was going to be drinking a few beers while bowling)

i had 4 beers at bowling. weighed myself saturday morning and had lost over a pound. so by this logic, i should drink 4 beers a day right?
  • Thatsdatdiva601
    Thatsdatdiva601 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Thought this just happens to me...but I heard Dr Oz say to cheat one day a week. You have to trick your body. So every Tuesday I have a slice of pizza or 1 chili dog. The next day I have a 3 to 4 lbs weight loss!
  • jpwt1313
    jpwt1313 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good to know I am not the only one. When this happens I cant help but chuckle and shake my head. I just move on and get back to my healthy eating habits.