Excuses!! Excuses!!

Options
This year's theme: NO EXCUSES!! What are some of your favorite or past excuses for not exercising or getting healthy?

I had a habit of using my kids as an excuse. Or I was alway tired or didn't have enough time. I'll workout tomorrow or I'll start next week. Excuses, Excuses! No more excuses for me. Just Do It!

Replies

• QueenRee
    QueenRee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My kids are also my biggest excuse I use! I'm with you no more excuses, im waking up early and jumping on the treadmill! :smile:
  • RogerF765
    RogerF765 Posts: 113
    Options
    I'm usually the first on up so there really is no excuse for me. That's why most of my workouts are between 5 and 6 in the morning.
  • Looby47
    Looby47 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Funny as your message matches my profile quote. My excuse is usually that I don't have time to fit it around work. I need to actually plan it in my diary rather than 'see if it first in'. Surely my health should rank pretty high on the 'list of things to do' !!?
  • KristenCassandra
    KristenCassandra Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I fractured my neck twice this year and if it hurt even the slightest bit I found myself thinking "I'll just stay here and rest" ... finally stopped with that excuse haha
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Too cold outside, too hot outside, when I get off work the gym will be too crowded, need to get some new shoes/clothes to work out in first, just ate dinner so I can't work out today, etc. I have lots of them. Ha, Ha!! Anyone needing to borrow one, just let me know. :laugh:
  • krichardson0102
    krichardson0102 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I usually use the gym is too crowded excuse, in fact I did just that today. Just got back on the bandwagon last week with the diet, I hope to stop using excuses for not working out this week!
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Every black girl's favorite is My Hair! Don't wanna sweat out my hair! LOL
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My excuse was that I just never saw any results within the first month I gave up and said it was a failure or that I was just supposed to be this size. I was too tired, the gym was soo far away, I was too busy etc etc.. On track since October and lost 22lbs (seeing my results so far has gotten me excited to keep going). Started at 2-3x per week and now I am at 5-6 days a week at the gym. I am all done with excuses and now I am trying to help my husband get on board too.
  • niqua215
    Options
    I've used this excuse as well. I expected the weight to miraculously melt off and got discouraged if it didn't. And I really convinced myself that I was meant to be plus size since I have been for most of my life. Who was I kidding? My before photos are eye openers.
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    I don't consider it an excuse, BUT then again it kind of is. I am in pain a lot from my medical issues. So I have started to attempt to work out even if I am in pain. Some working out, is better than nothing. If the pain is too horrible, then at least I can say I tried.
    But one I used to use and still do at times, is that my ankles are bad ( When I was in 6th grade I had a growth spurt causing my bones to be too big for my muscle, causing a lot of sprains, twisted ankles and fractures) When I would work out, even in the last few years, I would sprain, twist or hurt it horribly, and then it would make me so afraid to workout. Luckily I talked to my doctor about this and he suggested I use an exercise bike. So I got one. I have also found other workouts that help my pain with the medical issues, and if my ankles hurt too much, then I know when to stop. It's all about finding what works for you. lol.
  • niqua215
    Options
    I agree. Swimming or the elliptical may also work for you. Hubby bought me a bike but that thing hurts my butt. Jeez! Lol!
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    I really need to strengthen my ankles lol
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I always spend a lot of time convincing myself that I "don't have time" to work out... then I find myself doing silly things like watching TV. I always feel bad after =/