From 413-278

Options
Shannibal
Shannibal Posts: 103 Member
I weighed 413 lbs on April 26th 2011. On December 26th 2011 I weighed 278 lbs. I started eating clean, walking every day, doing Power 90 when I felt I didnt get enough exercise and resisting temptation. My Fitness Pal was such an amazing help. I will post pics soon. I still have a ways to go. Im 6'8" and wanting to build up some muscle.

I have done this in a way where I have eaten healthy foods, getting my vitamins, not starving myself, just full throttle dedication, but I must say that the biggest reward I have gotten are the numerous people who have seen my change and are now changing themselves. Words cannot explain how good it feels knowing others are making healthy choices and fostering a more positive environment for themselves and those around them due to my positive outlook, willingness to help and my success.

On April 26th I was a 413 lb smoker who bit his finger nails. On April 27th I no longer smoked, I no longer bit my finger nails and I no longer let tempation control my life.

In the words of Eddie Vedder, I Am Mine.

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,184 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Bravo!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly!!!! That is fantastic!!! Well done.
  • maphilli
    Options
    Awesome!! Love the dedication!
  • Lynna63385
    Options
    Wow!!! You sra an inspiration to all! Thanks for sharing. Congrats! Keep up the good work!
  • Shannibal
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words :)
  • angelakeagan
    Options
    PIC pls
  • scoyne999
    scoyne999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Very powerful post - good for you! Keep it up. Amazing progess!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! You must feel so much better! Bravo for taking control :-)
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! what a amazing story and job :)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    beautiful! :flowerforyou:
  • MPLB
    MPLB Posts: 14
    Options
    Whooaaaaah totally inspired by you! Respect!!!
  • ChangingMindSets
    Options
    That is awesome! Can't wait to see the pics!
  • Affluenzic
    Options
    Brilliant. A truly life changing experience for you. I have just stumbled upon this 'myfitnesspal' and I am very impressed with how easy it is to use. Day 2 today.
  • Shannibal
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words. We are all on this mission together. I hope I have been of some help.
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you! Thats an amazing thing that you have done for you! I am starting to look into eating clean.
  • tinaspiva63116
    Options
    Congrad! Keep up the good work>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    How wonderful! You've clearly put it all together - impressive indeed!
  • jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Great post. Thank you for sharing. I have got to work on my smoking. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You're an inspiration and I can't wait to see pictures :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!