trying to find some low calorie breakfast ideas??

Options
I usually dont eat breakfast but i know it is the most important meal of the day so i am going to try and start,but i need to get some quick ideas for breakfast that fills u up and doesn't overload you on calories any ideas ????

Replies

• drivermarshy
    Options
    Eggs! So versatile and packed with protein... Breakfast of kings (and queens) :)
  • rachcamp88
    rachcamp88 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have Oat so Simple porridge, one sachet and 180ml of semi skimmed milk = 183 calories
    It takes 2 minutes in the microwave,tastes great and fills you up.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt has lots of protien. If you choose the fruit added variety be sure to look at calories. Some greek yogurts are higher than others .... Dannon Blended is fairly high in calories,their fruit on the bottom is reasonable. Chobani is my favorite brand.

I like to pair greek yogurt with dry cereal (something with fiber). Kashi Go Lean is good.
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I love mixing non-fat Greek yogurt with a teaspoon of fruit spread (fig is my current favorite), a handful of Plum Amazins, and a small handful of a crunchy cereal like raisin bran.
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have cottage cheese every morning - only about a tablespoonful - but the diet programme I followed over 33 years ago recommended having protein with every meal as that gives you the energy you need to get through to the next meal, but it limited you to only 4eggs a week, so the option of some form of eggs was not possible. I just have the unflavoured low fat cottage cheese, with toast and Marmite, but there is now a whole range of flavoured ones. I find I very rarely need a mid-morning snack, only having one when I have visiting friends.
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    Agree with te above posters on Greek yogurt porridge and cottage cheese :)
  • pgpeacock
    Options
    thanks yall :)
  • Jensenstarr
    Options
    My favorite thing right now I'm calling egg crumbles ...

Take two pieces of light bread (45 cals a piece) and make a hole in the middle of them with a cup... Set aside the circles...
    Cook the bread on the stove with an egg white and Jimmy dean turkey sausage crumbles in the hole and then toast the circles and put a little sugar free jam on it.

170 cal for it all!!!!! And tons of protein
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    I sometimes buy the cartons of eggwhites and precooked bacon and light wraps... a little bit of egg, some bacon and that wrap come in low on calories, high in protein and some carbs, great start to the day! Salsa and MAYBE some cheese to round it out...
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    A little container of Chobani greek yogurt, a slice of whole wheat grain bread (untoasted) with 1 tbsp of almond butter spread over it doesn't sound like much, but it's a very filling breakfast for me that gives me a good protein boost!

A homemade breakfast burrito doesn't sound too shabby either... too bad I can't have eggs! =(
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    4 egg whites, spinach, about 20-30g of lean bacon in the microwave. Mmmm :) I have it everyday. (200cals)
  • hwesp
    hwesp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a simple, and great tasting, recipe for homemade pumpkin pie oatmeal. Only takes about 7 minutes total to make and 1 cup = 133 calories. Let me know if you want the recipe.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I eat 1/3C oatmeal every day. I'm like a robot.

At work sometimes I'll make 2 eggies on 2 small pieces of rye.

Sometimes I'll have a smoothie, or mix some protein with eggs and make a pancake.

I'm a big fan of 200 calorie or less meals. Easier to keep track throughout the day for me.

I'd rather have 500 to spare at the end and snack before bed, then run out by suppertime.

Actually, sometimes I have cereal. For awhile it was some froop loops with banana protein mixed in the milk. Back when I wasn't watching calories.

;)
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    A cup of Special K with Berries and 1/2 cup of milk is only 150 kcal.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Mines simple- Cheerios with light vanilla soy milk and a banana! 240 calories!
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    not a breakfast person.
    i have a pure protein shake everyday.
    170 calories. 35 g protein and less than 10 g carbs and low fat too.
  • sophiamour
    Options
    My favorite thing right now I'm calling egg crumbles ...

Take two pieces of light bread (45 cals a piece) and make a hole in the middle of them with a cup... Set aside the circles...
    Cook the bread on the stove with an egg white and Jimmy dean turkey sausage crumbles in the hole and then toast the circles and put a little sugar free jam on it.

170 cal for it all!!!!! And tons of protein

Ooh! Egg in a nest!! My mom used to make these for me, with just egg. So delicious. I totally forgot about this, must make soon. Thanks for the reminder.
  • amykingsley1
    amykingsley1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm loving Nature's Valley oat and chocolate granola bars. They really fill you up. I'll have it with, say, a greek yogurt, or a piece of fruit, or a string cheese, or some combination of the above usually adding up to between 300-400 calories.

Or I'll have a pretty big bowl of like honey bunches of oats adding up to about 300-400 calories. If I eat a high fiber breakfast with some protein it seems to fill me up for quite a while, and I can have a smaller lunch.
  • elbandito
    elbandito Posts: 157
    Options
    I like a slice of toast with a mountain of cottage cheese on top!
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats! So filling and good for you! You can make them overnight in the crock pot so they are ready in the morning when you wake up