Cracking down on the weight!

Options
Hi there! I'm Rachel, 20, 21 actually in a month. I'm a staggering 180 pounds. :( I hate it here! Although I can fit into 10's an 8's my body is not where I want it. I know I have muscle mass because I have always been active, (rock climbing, hiking, biking, boating etc) but I still want my weight lower.
I would like to get to around 140 or 130. If I can! (I think I can I think I can...)
I have recently started a mostly vegetarian diet. Every once in a blue moon I will eat chicken or meat, but it is no longer the staple of my meals. Veggies, fruits, and legumes have taken that honor.
I am a full-time college student and work on the weekends. Any time I have I am catching up on studying and homework. If I have extra time after that, I try to spend it with my boyfriend of 2 years.
Working out is a luxury for me, it's not something I can always fit in. I do what I can, walking here and there, p90x workouts, or bike rides. But I also have to be extremely careful about too much strain on my knee because it's terribly messed up....
I'm working towards my goal and I need as much motivation as I can get! I'm always interested in making new friends, especially if you're around my area! I'd love to have an organized weight loss group!
:)

Replies

• scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I was in the exact same place @ 20. Here I am at 27 and still going strong. I hate that my 10's have become tight.

I recently broke down and bought size 12 pants. YUCK. Then I signed up here.

Good luck!
  • whaletorail
    Options
    Thanks so much. I really don't want to get back to my previous weight. I will be so mad at myself if I go to 12's, then 14's.... then so on and so forth... It just keeps piling on!