Starting Over - Please join me

Options
I am not happy with the weight that has crept on -- but rather than dwell on the negative I am going to use it as motivation to regain my active, healthy lifestyle. Please join me for mutual encouragement. My goal is to drop about 40 pounds.

I am working on my PhD in counseling and work as a nanny (a career change from law firm management) for a wonderful family in Sandy Springs, GA. I am new to the area and would welcome locals to network with both online and in person. We have an in-home gym, I belong to a gym, and we eat a healthy diet -- I chase a 3 year old around all day so really there are no excuses for me not to succeed.

For fun, I ride/compete on the hunter jumper circuit. I love to cook and would love to have a healthy recipie exchange. I am also training for a marathon. As I am sure you can see I am very goal oriented and that contributes to sucess for me -- I have a hard time doing something for me but if there is a goal, reward, etc. then I am very commited to attaining it.

Join me... compete with me, it will be FUN!!!

Replies

• chubzee
    chubzee Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi ! I too have 40 pounds to lose and would love to join you. :smile:

Tomorrow I will celebrate my 20 month quit from the NICODEMON . :happy: ( I smoked for over 25 years )
    Seems like every Monday I am always starting over. after about the third day...It goes downhill ...I get so frustrated and then start the binge eating...:angry: I refuse to go back to smoking....now I need to break the habit of habitual eating.......I am constantly snacking.........:grumble:
    crazy crazy crazy....:embarassed:
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :wink: Hi, I would love to join you and after June 13th I will be devoting time to myself and exercising. I'm working on getting my daughter's wedding together on the 13th and we farm, I work with a non profit agency with youth so right now there is no time for me but I see a light at the end of the tunnel and the wedding is coming soon. After that I am devoting an hour a day to me.
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I don't smoke but I am a mess since staying home with my kids. I went from 100 mph daily work schedule to being home and all I want to do is eat and cook and run the kids. Mostly I want to nap. I hope I can snap out of this eating binge every day now for 2 months. I am getting so fat. I want to get into a routine but keep getting off track mostly at night.

We can do this you can continue to quit and I can continue to get organized and less stressed over staying home more. I guess I should just stay busy and out of the kitchen. I know how to eat healthy and exercise but need to apply the tricks of the trade.

Good luck
  • chubzee
    Options
    Hello njjswim ! I too know the tricks of the trade ..it's just putting them into action...:smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I have a lot more than 40 to lose but I am with ya. WE can do this!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • traska
    traska Posts: 18
    Options
    I have 35 to 40 to drop so I will join you too.
  • AtlantaSara
    AtlantaSara Posts: 91
    Options
    Great!!! I am so glad I got so many responses. We can and we will do this... I am a grazer myself so I am trying to prepare fresh cut and roasted veggies for the mindless munchies vs a handful of granola or dried fruit which is my current MO.

My plan is week one
    1. to be cognizant of what I am eating but I am not going to stress too much about calories for the first week or two - I want to focus on better food choices (which ulitmately will reduce calorie intake),

2. drinking more water (I recently read more often than not we are actually thirsty not hungry when we reach for a snack)

3. I am going to start off with 30 minutes of cardio each day and 30 minutes of yoga. I am planning to train for a marathon so this will increase -- but right now its all about habit forming.

25765.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free
  • chubzee
    Options
    So are we going to use this post for our weight loss stats or are you going to start a new one?
    Should we check in daily or weekly?
  • AtlantaSara
    AtlantaSara Posts: 91
    Options
    Lets check in weekly -- with stats but feel free to check in for motivation and support as often as you like. We can keep the thread here - if everyone is ok with that. Lets check in on Mondays -- my thought is to keep us accountable over the weekend.

Starting Weight 158
    Current Weight 158
    Goal Weight 120
    Exercise days/time (for week) 60 minutes/5 days.

Lets get moving and losing!
  • katem
    katem Posts: 3
    Options
    I am with you...I have started stopped, started stopped. No more excuses. It's time to make a change.
  • chubzee
    Options
    Sounds good to me .....I love a challenge....:smile:
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have just joined today...I have been trying to loose, but I have lost will power lately, so need to boost it up! I try to eat healthily, try not to snack, rarely exercise! So if we all help each other m sure we can do it :)
  • chubzee
    Options
    Okay Tuesday will be a week since this thread was started...just wondering if Tuesday is going to be our check in with our "RESULTS" Day?

Fresh Start Stats :smile:

Beginning Weight: 164 lbs
    Current Weight : 163.6 lbs
    Goal weight: 125

Fitness Goals :heart:

Pedometer: 10,000 steps /Daily
    30 Minutes of Cardio /Daily
    Stretching Exercises/5-6 days week
    Strength Training/3-5 days week

Nutritional Goals:drinker:

South Beach Diet Phase 1 (two weeks)
    drink 8 glasses of water
    Stick to my diet/ no cheating !
  • abjones80
    abjones80 Posts: 32
    Options
    I hear ya sister...i'm joining you! it's a MFP renewal for me, but we've got about the same amount to lose... let's do it!!
  • freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    I'm in too!! I have 40 pounds left to lose and I just started on this site last Monday so I will weigh in with everyone on Tuesday.

216838.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • tangela1970
    Options
    :heart: YAY!! More people support! Ok, from what I am reading, everyone can check in here for a weigh in every Tuesday? Sounds perfect~:heart:
  • abjones80
    abjones80 Posts: 32
    Options
    ok so i think we were supoose to check in yesterday.... i weighed in this morning at 173.6. each day has had it's improvements and this morning I've been really motivated...so I have a good feeling about a successful day!
    I hope everyone is still on the wagon and doing well... if not, shake yourself off, take a deep breath...and get back on track!!
    I'm sure i'll post agian before check in, but if not, best of luck this week and go after one more lb with a vengence!!!